The Reef Tank banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever succesfully bread a pair of clownfish in a 10 gallon tank. I was searchin the web, and i read something about if i had them in there by them selves it should be really easy, because theyd feel secure. Thanks for all your help:D

·
Registered
11 Posts
You might want to check out a book by Joyce D. Wilkerson titled Clownfishes. It has all the things you need to do and anticipate in order to breed clownfishes successfully. Probably the best book on clownfishes and breeding them out there.

According to the book, for a 10 gallon tank the best choice to breed is Occularis (aka False Percula). Would be interesting to see if anyone out there has bred them successfully in a small tank and what "host" they used.

·
Premium Member
7,889 Posts
You really should get the book Bearpaw mentions. It's the bible of clownfish breeding. Feeding of the fry is the most difficult part and this book covers every detail of that.

Good luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.