The Reef Tank banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So at my LFS I spied what was marked "red wellso brain". There seems to be a little debate as to which brain coral is which. So I was hoping for some input from you all.
The LFS is holding the coral for me as I'd like to give my newish tank a little more time. So far everything is going better than expected. Params are rock solid and I even have a few frags in there that a friend gave me so I could...heh..."test the waters" Candy cane, galaxea, GSP, dragon eye zoos and a button polyp are doing GREAT. Clove polyp and waving hand anthelia....dont seem to like my tank no matter where I put em.
Anyway, this red brain will be my first coral purchase :beer: and I'd like to gather as much education and info as possible before I break out the debit card or risk such a beautiful piece. So far, this site has been the best place on the web to do just that (and I havent even been flamed for any of my mistakes yet! lol)
So - lets hear it

Here's a pic. Although not a pic of the actual piece its pretty much identical. -

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you refering to the trachyphyllia/wellsophyllia debate?
I guess. I did some searching on the web and didnt really get very clear info on exactly which coral it is. IS the coral pictured in fact a red wellsophyllia? Additionally, I keep finding conflicting info, such as "care" - Some say easy, some say moderate, some say difficult. Just a little confusing but I have faith someone here will shed correct light.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.