The Reef Tank banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
the shutterbug mod!
2,394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I had to laugh this weekend when I was thinking about this and I figured it would make for a great conversation post! Brag up your state or country if you're not in the US. I'll start!

I love WI because...

*we will drive to work in the morning with the heat on in our cars, and the air conditioning on the way home.

*it will be 80 degrees one day, and snowing the next! Literally, this just happened last week!

*we have to wait for the snow to melt so that we can mow the lawn. That's what we had to deal with up at the cabin this weekend! See the pic!

What makes you smile and brag about your state?

·
Premium Member
7,007 Posts
In MA, I love having 4 seasons, but other than that...you can have it!

·
Administrator
46,883 Posts
In Oregon we have 4 seasons, and a typical day will give you 3 outta 4 :)

·
Registered
537 Posts
In Colorado

300 days of sunshine on average per year

Bad weather comes and goes in a matter of a couple of hours

If we have 3 days of cloudy weather, an extreme rarity here, people start being depressed (I laugh because I am originally from Michigan and cloudy is the norm there)

Last Christmas Day, it was sunny and 76 here.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I love Florida we also have seasons here
(1) Snow bird season
(2) Rainey season
(3) Tourist season
(4) Hurricane season
(5) Mosquito season a little longer then hurrican season

And sunshine all the time....I just wish it would rain, all I dream about is a dreary overcast rainey day.... Oh and for all of you that dont think it gets cold here...I was a high of 60 deg here this past winter and I had to wear a jacket, gloves and long sleeves shirt to work...that sucked

·
Premium Member
10,625 Posts
A second for Oregon. besides the temperate climate (multiple times a day) we also have access to the ocean, lakes, rivers, mountains and an active volcano within just a few hours. the nice thing is that volcano is about the only natural disaster we have around here with the exception of a very rare, small quake.

·
Premium Member
15,839 Posts
I don't want to brag about my hometown in the foothills of the Smoky Mountains because I'd be afraid more people would want to move here!!! We've already got too many and it's getting crowded!!!

Too many scenes like this are being paved over for shopping malls or subdivisions:

Now, don't get me wrong; we love our visitors but just don't move here!!!:lol:

Dick:)

·
Registered
124 Posts
Everything is BIGGER in Texas!!!!! Even our fishtanks:agree:

·
Super Moderator
27,073 Posts
Let's see...

In the Upstate of SC (Greenville-Spartanburg area), we can just about see where Dick lives ;) Not really, but we do have a good view of the Smokies.
And in the Low Country (Charleston) we have the graciousness of the Old South. And in Columbia....well...one time I heard a SC native say that it was hotter than the hinges of hell :lol:

Actually, our weather is a lot like Portland, OR. Four seasons, and all of them humid.

Wait a minute- we have some battlefields here that were significant in our winning the Revolutionary War. The Battle of Cowpens is an interesting one to study.

·
I've got the REEF rash!
61,659 Posts
We have the Beaches and the Mountains and or Tomatoes and Corn is 2nd to none!And if it wasn't for Jersey there would not be any Electricity to run your computer to read this no Airplanes and many more thing started here!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Caoineag said:
In Colorado

300 days of sunshine on average per year

Bad weather comes and goes in a matter of a couple of hours

If we have 3 days of cloudy weather, an extreme rarity here, people start being depressed (I laugh because I am originally from Michigan and cloudy is the norm there)

Last Christmas Day, it was sunny and 76 here.
Well said!

·
Premium Member
20,603 Posts
Hehh.. Delaware.. the frist state...

well shoudl be called the :
under construction state
can't get there from here
the drive thru to get to ANYWHERE else state..

ya cant drink the water, cant fish inthe steams or ponds, and even though produce is coming in the port of wilmington, it is the highest paid by consumers .

1 - 17 of 17 Posts