The Reef Tank banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We made our treck to the big city today. We went to the ALB aquarium zoo and oh the NSLFSBWTD hows that (Not So Local Fish Store But Worth The Drive) boy i know what you all must go thro going to the LFS and acutaly having nice people there who know what they are talking about. The store had 15 100gal reef setups there stocked full of every type of coral ive ever seen and then in the other room 15-20 FOWLR setups with more fish than i could ever dream about and funny thing is that one of the people working there has family here and comes this way every month and he told us if theres anything were looking for call him and he would be happy to bring it with him :dance: We got 2 pcs of LR 10lb so here is my FOWLR with no fish :D oh and that heater is just temp till i get the new one

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Nice looking LR! Keep us posted on progress! ;)

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
looking good. btw: nothing at all wrong with that particular heater. i have the same heater on all 7 of my fw tanks, and also the same on on my sw tank.. (i may have a larger wattage one though) buti do recognize the blue writing, and the style of the heater, its the same. been using mine for a number of years now and have never had one fail.

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
also, fwiw, i would turn the heater horizontally, and place it directly in front of that return line to the let of it. this will cause your water ot always be moving over the heater. this gives better cirulation of the heated water, and keeps a more stable temp throughout the tank. and it is fully submersible. you dont need to have the knob above water.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts