The Reef Tank banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I was just wondering did you loose all of your SPS. The Frags that I got from you at the swap are doing great. I did loose one frag. I think I lost him to light shock. The MH were on from 10Am -10 PM I had turned them on manually and forgot to shut them off. the next day the little guy had lost all of his skin.

·
Registered
894 Posts
No, not all of them..... The tank that had/has the problem is the frag/Q tank! So far, the toll is:

Bali Blue Tort colony is dead. As far as we know, there is only 1 surviving frag in the club.

Solomon Island Bonsai mother colony is dead. We have 2 frags that are still alive and someone else in the club has one for safe keeping. By the way, How's yours?

Bali Tri-color is severly damaged. There is still a little living tissue on it, but it is not in good shape (UNDERSTATEMENT!) I think we have 3 frags that, so far, have survived. 1 other is being taken care of by someone in the club.

Wild Bali Colony is still looking OK and we have 4 frags here that are still OK.

Green polyp Stylo colony and frags are all dead. If you got one of these frags from us at the F&S swap, then you have the only surviving piece of it.

An awesome looking Yellow Tort colony that we purchased at F&S is gone. We didn't have a chance to frag this one out so there are no living frags from it.

We also lost some frags that we traded for or purchased at the swap inluding a blue slimer, a cranberry tip acro, and a couple others that I don't remember what they were.

The damage has, for the moment, stopped spreading. We still don't have an answer to what these little critters are or were. We have put a little wrasse in the tank as a critter getter. All the zoos in the tank are doing well and have been move into an AquaPod (yes we got it at the frag swap) so we now have a softie tank. The digis were all unaffected by the problem. The acan frags and monti cap frag seem to be untouched. There are some other Acro frags in there too (3, I think) that so far have escaped the carnage.

Lessons learned from the experience:

1. Treat everything you get, no matter who you get it from, before it goes into your tank.
2. Have a Q tank for your corals so you can keep anything from nuking your display tank. Then make sure you USE it!
3. Give or trade out some frags to someone else to keep the colony spread around. This gives you an insurance policy in case something bad happens.

Glad yours are still doing well. When they grow up a bit, We'd love to visit them.:agree: Take care of them.

:beer:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts