The Reef Tank banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks,

looking for some suggestions on a particular type of book. Pretty much I'm looking for a book (or website if there are any, but I am thinking no) that when I see something I like either here or any of the many online vendors I can flip to my little trusty book and learn that oh, that coral needs supplimental feedings of X and Y, does best in a high current area with really good lights, or likes huge amounts of current but lower light levels, etc . . . So pretty much a care and keeping guide to different coral species.

thoughts?

Nate

· Premium Member
19,379 Posts

· Marine Addict: 75g Habit
733 Posts
awesome question nate...one of my favorite things about this forum is answers to questions that I haven't asked yet!!

thanks for the input Wyatt & Doug, you guys are always money (or saving me some anyway)

i'm sure glad i own a bookstore, I'll have all of these by the end of the week!!

:read:

· Premium Member
19,379 Posts
So Salty, I am looking for Dr Veron's "Corals in Space and Time" (J E N Veron) in hardback, think you can find me a copy in decent shape? PM me back on any details you need and a response...

733 Posts
don't worry about the language it's printed in...the ISBN number would be different if it wasn't in English. They will issue a seperate ISBN number for every variation in the printing, paperback vs hard cover, english, spanish, abridged, etc...

if you can determine the condition, get it!

best of luck!!

· Premium Member
19,379 Posts
I guess that I need to find a good German translator... :D

I'm tempted to buy it regardees, I have had a heck of a time even locating a copy in ANY shape.

733 Posts
well, i find books for a living and this is one that was HARD TO FIND...as you know there's not a lot of them up for sale...

i think you might be able to muddle through it with e-mail. a lot of germans speak english, if not a free translation site could enable you to get some basic info...good luck!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.