The Reef Tank banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 150 gallon reef ready tank that my hubby got for me. I love it, but it really keeps me busy. I have a DIY venturi skimmer on it and a 25 gallon sump under the tank. I have a sand bed of about 4 inches of which 60 pounds was from another persons tank. I have 80 pounds DIY rock, and 50 pounds LR. Tank has been up since March of 2005 with water and sand. I put in the DIY rock around October of 2005. Then we finally got the LR March of 2006. In April I started adding stuff. I now have a coral beauty, lawnmower blenny, 3 blue green cromis, yellow watchman goby, 7 hermit crabs, two turbo snails, 4 nassarius snails, and 1 hitch hiker cerith snail. I had a lettuce cucumber but it disappeared after a couple trips to the sump via the over flow. I have a condi anemone that I was told wouldn't do well in my tank, but he has doubled in size and is better in color. I was given a colt coral, and some rust colored zoos for my birthday present from my LFS dude. I haven't added anything for quite awhile. We are working on a CLS ran by a 2400 Mag, but haven't got it all together yet.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well more on the CLS. We had to make another one. The one in the picture above was attached under the glass tank support. We decided to rest the new one on top of the glass support and three of the outlets were in the way. We got some loc-line to go on the ends with valves on them so we can just turn them to fill the tubing up and open them when it gets going. When you look at the tank all you see is the black loc-line extending into the water about 3-4 inches. I love it. Tonight we will finish the plumbing to attach the pump which is setting on the ground behind the stand. Then hopefully get it running. I'll post a pic when I turn the lights on.

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here they are. Sorry for the color I just turned on my blue lights so everything is very blue, but you can still see the loc-line.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We had to redo the sand due to it forming a crust over the top. The new sand is a white beach sand we got at Wal-mart. It is very fine in texture just like sugar.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
We no longer have hermits after they started eating my zoos. The fish we have now are a coral beauty, clown, YW goby, a blue green chromis, and the latest 3 pajama cardinal fish. I love them, but miss the fish I have had but didn't live past a month. I also added a UV Sterilizer. I am going to try some more fish and see if it helps them.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
Looking good. What is your lighting set up? And have you thought about a pistol shrimp to pair with your Watchman Goby? Keep us posted.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts