The Reef Tank banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Awesome pics! I love to dive and for Christmas/New Years this year we are going to Bonaire. We are staying at Captain Don's. I seriously cannot wait! I've been diving a lot in the local quarries already this summer, but your pics have put me into the warm water withdrawl.:fish: :fish:

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
That looks like an awsome trip what kind of camera do you use? We have been shopping for one. The photos are great! Nice job.
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

·
Founder-Canton Reef Club
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Captain Don's Habitat is awesome. They were next door to ours. and Capatin Don still is alve and well. And he has a wooden peg leg too!! Just like a pirate. He is the reason the entire island of Bonaire is a Marine Sanctuary.

The best Jamacian Jerk Chicken Sandwich I ever had!! You will love the dive facility as well. The reef off the dock is pretty good too. It's a nice vertical wall.

Happy diving and make sure you visit the "Invisables" go to the mooring buoy and look for the spotted Eagle Rays. Never failed they were always there. Also "Alice in Wonderland". For the biggest wall I ever saw visit "Karpata" I thought I was in orbit. I actually felt like I was in space.

So many dive sites. so little time.

Todd

·
Registered
616 Posts
Thanks for the tips. I will certainly look for those sites you mentioned. My instructor has been there twice I think. He has a list of sites for me to visit as well. Did you do any night dives? If you like wall diving, you should visit Little Cayman.;)

·
Registered
616 Posts
I've heard of him. Isn't there a huge green moray with a name as well? Lives under an overturned boat or something.

·
Founder-Canton Reef Club
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
cobray said:
I've heard of him. Isn't there a huge green moray with a name as well? Lives under an overturned boat or something.

There could be, but i saw soooo many eels. Only 2 green morays but about 6 other types. I will try and post some pictures of those guys.

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
Thanks for sharing!:agree: :blob:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts