The Reef Tank banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got some new Lumenarc Reflectors with fixtures a while back and would like to use them with my Blueline E-Ballasts (These are Champion Lighting's Brand). The ballasts have 3 BNC female connectors for hot,neutral, and ground. The lamp cables that came with the lumenarcs do not have any connectors on them. I would like to put three new male BNC connectors on these cables but can't find any that will fit the wire gauge (I think the wire gauge is 12). Most of the BNC connectors I found are for coax cables designed specifically for RF. The center conductor on these RF connectors is really small and hence the "too small" center conductor receptacle on the BNC connectors does not accomodate thick wire.

Any one know where to get BNCs that will accomodate thick wire / center conductor?

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Reflectors

My old fixtures are DE:confused: so I can't use them. I could use the old cables with the new fixtures, but I was hoping that I could find the BNC connectors so I wouldn't have to remove the new cables from the new fixtures and then re-wire the new fixtures using the old cables. But, it looks like I will have to use the old cables unless I can find the connectors.

Also, someday I may end up selling the ballasts and I would prefer to sell them with the cables and with the cables unspliced.

ceige said:
Were you able to get something for these? Can you use the old moguls in the new reflectors?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts