The Reef Tank banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Blue Tang with black spots and it look like it have salt sprinkled in the body and on the fins. any idea of what is this and if it is going to spread to my tank. He also scratch hymself on the rocks and go often close to the cleaner shirmps.. any medicament that I can use??

This is my 72 GL tank..

·
Registered
960 Posts
From what I've read, black ich is a pain to get rid of.

It's easy enough to remove it from the fish in q/t. But it's a pain to get it out of the display.
The outlook isn't great.

Preventing Reinfestation
Reinfection will occur no matter how effectively the fish have been treated if these parasitic tubellarian worms are not eradicated from the main aquarium. Unfortunately because they can survive for several months without a host, this is often not an easy thing to do, but here are some suggestions.

• Leave the main aquarium devoid of all fish for several months.
  • Young worms live in the substrate and feed on detritus and organic debris until such time they mature and go in search of a fish host. By siphoning up excess organic matter that can build up on the bottom of the aquarium can help to control their numbers.
  • For fish-only tanks that have no freshwater sensitive invertebrates present, hyposalinity can be applied.

·
Physical/Reef therapist
388 Posts
Good luck, best wishes for your aquarium.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Since black ich is such a pain to get rid of, you may have to "deal" with it. I wonder if a Cleaner Wrasse would be a good addition. I would look for one who eats prepared food also.

Do you have any Cleaner Shrimp?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts