The Reef Tank banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
NewfieReefer
285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys as most might know I had a blue tang eaten by my carpet anemone!!

So I went out and bought another one cause I like them so much. Anyway he has been in the tank now 3 days and I can't get him to eat, he is afraid of me. Every time I go over to the tank he hides. Will he stop doing this? I think he might be from the wild!!! He is however picking algae off the rocks, so that should keep him going and alive, he's fine when nobody is around the tank, playing with the other fish and swimming all over!

CHEERS
:beer:
DERM

·
Registered
479 Posts
Give him some time....like in all classical conditioning - he'll soon be associating you with the food that enters the tank and coming out for a visit. In the mean time - I think since he is picking on the algae - he is probably eating other stuff when you aren't looking and he'll be ok.....good luck!

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
I would buy a lettuce clip and put some nori clipped to it and put it on the inside of your tank and he will find it and eat it like crazy and will in the process be getting good nourishment and in time he will adjust to his envirnoment and you will see more of him!:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts