The Reef Tank banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday I got a Blue star leopard wrasse and 6 line wrasse who were doing really well until today, the 6 line wrasse keeps chasing the blue star leopard wrasse which is making him burry herself under the sand, she never comes out now:( Please help...

·
Registered
41 Posts
I'm pretty sure wrasses burry themselves pretty often... I think it's what they do if they get stressed a little... One of the guys here will chime in and clear it all up for ya.

·
Mushroom Coral Fanatic
979 Posts
One of the wrasses have to go. Wrasses shouldn't be kept together, especially six line wrasse. They are very territorial and will continue to harass your other wrasse. (rhyme unintended) Some wrasses are okay to be kept with others, but I just wouldn't try it.

·
Keen Reefer
2,164 Posts
I would give back the sixline. They are not getting along because they are around the same size, if they were different sizes.... Is they leopard wrasse eating?

·
Mushroom Coral Fanatic
979 Posts
Size doesn't matter. Wii64brawl found out the hard way.

·
Keen Reefer
2,164 Posts
They are hard to feed. You could try some live foods and if he gets hungry enough he might try frozen.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
How about this wrasse? Looks cool. It said its a checkerboard wrasse and I've read mixed reviews, some safe reef safe some say not. I personally only know what I've read and I think based on everything I read you could take a chance on one of these in a reef tank. it does eat bristle worms, again according to what I've read.

http://www.thereeftank.com/gallery/files/5/6/5/6/3/image_784931_original.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts