The Reef Tank banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well got the blue mandarin and he seems to be doing good, he's got one Damsel(blue with yellow tail) as a tank mate now and i'm looking to maybe add a new tankmate, but i know that there can be problems with others out eating the mandarin and him starving. So any suggestions?

· little crazy
1,360 Posts
what size tank? and the damsel can get mean. how old is your tank? how long have these two been together? does the mandarin eat frozen food? do you or have you put rotifiers in your tank? Do you have a fuge?

sorry bouth the ?'s but have to know before we start.

· Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it's a 26 gallon bow front. the damsel actually belongs in a differnt tank i just put him in there temporarily and havent be able to catch him. the tank is 6 months old. these two have been together for 2-3 weeks. yes the mandarin eats frozen(Thank God) because we don't a good pod population. and i'm not sure what rotifiers are so i'm guessing no i haven't put any in my tank. No refugium yet, i'm planning to upgrade to a 75 gallon with a sump and refugium system in it, bought it today and am setting it up but it will be a while before i make the tansfer. I hope that answered everything, if you need more info please ask.

· little crazy
1,360 Posts
well, one there are two threads you should look at both are current discussion threads one on detritus, and the other that is current on refugiums. since you are putting one on your system.

FUGES DETRITUS

rotifiers are copepods, isopods, and amphipods. all similar basically different types and sizes.

and last for tank mates in your current tank clowns, gobies, blennies, and chromis are good types now there may be specific types of these fish that aren't compatible, so research a particular one that you are interested in. Given your current tank size your selection is limited. Tangs, wrasses(which would compete with the mandarin) are pretty mush a no because you don't have enough tank. Oh and becareful some fish like fire gobies are jumpers. heres a compatability chart to help you start.

CHART

P.S. add one fish at a time, and wait at least two weeks before you add another.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.