The Reef Tank banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Carpet surfing that is. :cry:

He was a neat little bugger. No more fish for me until I get a light diffuser/egg crate for the top of my tank. I hate it when the critters go and commit suicide. :bawling:

Stacy

·
ALWAYS MORE 2 LEARN!!
1,304 Posts
Sorry to hear that.

·
Registered
238 Posts
My blenny did the same thing last year. To top it off I just lost one of my anthias today. And it's snowing. I think today's off to a great start.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks, guys... and sorry, Craig! I don't know if you were being positive or negative about the snow. But for me, negative! Now, if there was the potential of class being cancelled however! And it's snowing again down here. Dang it!

I have a 2x65 pc lighting scheme. I know I could put across glass or plexi but I like the idea of a large open area for oxygen exchange. Although it would certainly be easier to clean the salt off of the top rather than the shield on the hood. I have the tank sitting at a diagonal in the corner so I have to move the hood to get the shield off for a thorough cleaning. That's why I was thinking of a light diffuser. Bit worried that a small fish would still be talented enough to jump out one of the holes though. I need the tiny fish that won't make dinner out of the sexy shrimp or pom pom crab.

Well, at least I finally got a green birdsnest to look at in my tank to help with the loss. Just a temporary inhabitant. I doubt it would like the PC lighting. So the poor guy will have to be acclimated again for Jay's tank when he has time to get it in there. Sucks being vertically challenged!

Stacy

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sorry to hear of your loss. My diamond goby did the same thing a while back. I put some thin acrylic on top of my tank and no more suicides.

Cuda

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
I just installed a light diffuser on the top of Stacy's tank. Hopefully we won't have any more jumpers. We brought home a Hi Fin Banded Goby and a Citron Clown Goby and also a yellow cucumber for her nano. I got a blue tuxedo urchin for the 240.

Jay

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hate, hate, HATE the light diffuser! It's blocking quite a bit of the light from the PC hood and when the lunars are on I can see little shadows of squares. Gotta go! Jay can use it for a frag rack in the fuge. He has a thin sheet of plexi out in the garage that he said I can have. Maybe I'll drill a few holes (okay... Jay will drill a few holes) in it for more oxygen exchange.

BTW, I love the high fin banded goby! I don't know why more people don't have them. They're really nice looking! The clown goby isn't the prettiest thing. Maybe he'll get to looking better once he's calmed down. So many people like them, I figured it was worth a try. See what all the fuss is about!

Stacy

·
Registered
16 Posts
Stacy,
Pick up the drill and feel the girl power. Remember that what ever a guy can do a girl can do better!!!! (or maybe I am jealous that I can't have a honeydo list)?!?!? Sorry about the lighting saga, tough call light or live fish.
Susie

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You're right, Susie! But what's the point in having a man around if I can't tell him to get his butt out into the garage and make me something? :funny:

Just kidding! He does like doing stuff like that. And I don't think he's happy with the light loss either. Next on his agenda is to build a cage for Tiny, the B&W Argentinian Tegu and he's already started plans for a HOB refugium for my tank.

Get your "honey-do" list started and I'll send him up to you! :rotflmao:

Stacy

·
Registered
16 Posts
Honey-do list
1. clean out garage
2. wash dishes
3. prune fruit trees (no it is not done yet)
4. drive carpool
5. vacume the carpets
6. barbeque some tofu
7. adjust the chemicals so that I have something left to do since all my work is now done.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah, I have to agree. I'll admit, I'm trying to cut back on eating meat... but I don't know if I can cross that line. BBQ tofu? :eek:

Stacy

·
Registered
16 Posts
When I use to bbq hamburgers, my complaint was always that they were too dry. Tofu is nasty stuff unless the water is cooked out some what. So, it works much better to bbq tofu than use to be pooping slabs. I really like tofu kaboobs. My experience has been that the succuss in great tasting bbq tofu is the same as cooking it regular, the seasoning can make it or break it. Oh the other key to tofu kaboobs is to use a double stick so it does not break and fall off. Is this more than you ever wanted to know about this topic....... you know the poor poor blenny?

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If we ever get the old site back you'll have to post all about your culinary expertise with tofu! Next time we BBQ kebobs, I'll try a tofu one. You'll have to recommend a marinade or seasoning though!

Yes, poor little blenny. He was so cute... so active. Why, oh why did he have to jump!

Stacy

1 - 18 of 18 Posts