The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Super Moderator
27,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning, everyone :D

Coffee and loaded oatmeat for breakfast, I'm running late.

Doug - great to see you and getting a report on Dyan. No coffee for you since you're wound up so tight. Herbal tea only.

·
Premium Member
15,839 Posts
Good *orning, Cath & All! :)

Best thing about a *onday is it means we're that much closer to the next weekend. :blob:

Hope Everybody had a great day.

Dick:)

·
kid impersonator
3,840 Posts
Morning
i'm on bus driver duty this morning
which means I get to take the kids to school

·
Carpe Noctem
9,817 Posts
:wavey: Almost bed time:D Have fun driving the bus KIA.

My whole week was just a mess... Who allows this Spring break thing and then lets the weather be too cold for the kids to not be home? Today is the last day of spring break... And my last day off for a week.

·
Super Moderator
Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse and fresh water
26,356 Posts
Good *orning !!!

Hung over today, but I can go back to sleep in a little while.

Have a great day

·
Mommy Mod
5,294 Posts
Morning all!

Hop - good night!

I just sent the kids off to school yeah spring break ended with a snow storm so sentence structure or not I feel ya Hop!

Life is certainly never dull here. Ben and I are contemplating a possible move to Tampa and it has pretty much all our free time and effort sucked up right now trying to figure out if it is wise to go or wiser to stay...

I have a love hate relationship with choices like these ;)

·
Retired Wanderer
17,460 Posts
Morning everyone. We were going to drive to Vail today (I called in sick to work...shhhh!!) but then it snowed right here and passage over Vail pass is iffy.

There is fresh powder now right here at Breck and no crowds. Also, finally everything connected yesterday and I was able to tear up black diamond moguls which my wife says is uncommon for a second year of skiing. I owe it all to my most excellent instructor.

Nine degrees out and if the lifts up top are not closed due to wind we are going to the top of Peak 8 up Chair Six which is at 12,000 feet.

Cynthia took a short cut off a little forest road yesterday straight down through trees and then found out there was a three foot unexpected drop from plowing onto the road and took a big fall. Nothing broken but she is in pain in at least three places. I have not seen her fall like that ever, and hopefully she will be a little more sensible today.

Have a bearable Monday and I'll see you guys tonight when we get back to Noob Manor safe and sound. Dick, as always we are wearing our helmets and yesterday Cynthia's took the hit when her head snapped back onto that icy road.

·
Super Moderator
27,665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Morning
i'm on bus driver duty this morning
which means I get to take the kids to school
Oh boyeee

:wavey: Almost bed time:D Have fun driving the bus KIA.

My whole week was just a mess... Who allows this Spring break thing and then lets the weather be too cold for the kids to not be home? Today is the last day of spring break... And my last day off for a week.
Who allows this Spring break thing and then lets the weather be too cold for the kids to not be home? quote]
This sentence boggles the mind. It's too early to use uncommon sentence structure.
Yipes. The scary thing is that I think I understand, but I don't know how to tell you, Chris.

Life is certainly never dull here. Ben and I are contemplating a possible move to Tampa and it has pretty much all our free time and effort sucked up right now trying to figure out if it is wise to go or wiser to stay...

I have a love hate relationship with choices like these ;)
\

:agree: Good luck on that, Amy.

Perry - OUCH on Cynthia finding out the hard way about the terrain.

carry on.

·
kid impersonator
3,840 Posts
well, school bus driving is overrated
esp. since the little woman left her lunch at home and I had to play delivery boy also

the fun art was telling the boys that I'll be back to pick them up in 10 hours :p

·
Administrator
47,618 Posts
Good Morning Gang :)

Cath I am limiting to 2 cups of coffee, but transitioning over to Green Tea

Perry, toss the helmet and get her a new one, cheap insurance

Amy, good luck with the move decision, I hate having to make choices like that :(

Hope you get a good nap Hop

Good Luck with the IT gig Wiskey :)

Everyone have a great day

·
kid impersonator
3,840 Posts
Amy, my only advise would be now is probably not the time to be switching jobs if you don't have to.

·
Just some guy, you know?
23,016 Posts
Whiskey are you liking the work?
Ummm,.. it is interesting no doubt! I'm enjoying it I think, I love the un-predictable, and people are certainly being unpredictable.

Including you in fact!!!!
Tampa eh? Good luck figuring out what you want to do - I know it's not easy :) How long is that job offer good for?

Whiskey

·
Mommy Mod
5,294 Posts
Ummm,.. it is interesting no doubt! I'm enjoying it I think, I love the un-predictable, and people are certainly being unpredictable.

Including you in fact!!!!
Tampa eh? Good luck figuring out what you want to do - I know it's not easy :) How long is that job offer good for?

Whiskey
longish story shorter...
Ben's brother works in Tampa and is an uppity up at his place of employment - he lost his network admin - needs a new one - offered Ben the job - Ben said no figuring there was no way I would move - we talked I said - um get more info silly!

So Ben called Pete back and said Amy says we need more info before I can say yes or no were you serious - he says if your serious I am serious, but I need to check with HR /my boss on nepotism.

However job range is 50-65K, pd schooling, and Pete ( Ben's bro) teaches him the parts of the job that Ben would need to do that he doesn't already know. Plus the ability to "move up the ladder" with experience and education.

Ben's current job has little to no ability to advance, salary cap is 40K, no school being pd for, and job is fairly secure, about as much as the new one would be.

So we are waiting on the ok from Pete's boss and then we need to look at Benifts and what net would be so see if we can afford a house in a place with a reccommended school - Florida isn't exactly known for great edumacation if ya know what I mean.

twice as secure?
as secure maybe a little more.

·
Administrator
47,618 Posts
Well it certainly helps to know someone, the pay raise and bennies sound good, but whats the difference in cost to live compared to where you are at now? That could make the raise a wash, then theres the less than rosy house market, might help on a new place but it would suck to be stuck with the old house a long ways away.
I feel that "secure" is an illusion, so it boils down to how adventurous are you all feeling ;)
Good Luck with it :)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts