The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
778 Posts
:eek: those crazy canuks said it was a lighting strike that knocked out a hydro powerplant! i classify a lightning strike that knocks out power to 7 states in 2 countries as an act of God. :rolleyes:
hopefully everyone will have power by the early morning!
:cool:

·
I'm Back
1,686 Posts
I am hoping. Power is out for me and I am stuck at work.

I am praying for a COLD front tonight.

·
Little fish in a big pond
5,916 Posts
I called my mom and got her answering machine - so she has power at home. If she is at her gentleman friend's house, I'd bet that they have no power - because he lives near my inlaws and they have no power. They are all near Ottawa, but my mother lives on the Quebec side, so she still has power (different grid).

My inlaws are fine, but have no power, however my brother in law who lives on the same acreage as my inlaws, lives off the grid and has solar and wind power - my sister in law was relaxing with a cold beer, watching TV ;)

I hope that everyone stays safe, that the heat and lack of electricity do not take a terrible toll on humanity, OR on tanks.

Jenn

·
I'm Back
1,686 Posts
I got home and power is on. Tank looks ok. Thank God

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
just posted an update on the morning threah. we jsut got powerback at my house a little while ago. most of the city is still without power. all the stores and gas stations were closed up. when i was on my way home, everything was still without power. even our cell phones weren't working..

my tank overflowed a few gallons over the sump. i had jsut filled it up last night. i;'ve been a bit lazy lately and not topping off everyday, so i have jsut been filling the sump high enough to last a few days without topping it. but that also leaves little to no room for drainage. but i figured, heck, i;ve never lost power to my sumps it's not gonna hurt anything.. :rolleyes: i probabnly had 2 or 3 gallons on the floor, so not a total disaster.. i kept going into my room and messing with the water surface every 1/2 hour just to try and keep a little movement in there, and keep some oxygen in the tank. everything is back up now, and tank is fine.

hopefully everyone else is as well. they are saying that in detroit some people should expect to be without lights AND water for as much as 2-3 days!!!

everyones concern is much appreciated!!

G

·
i hope road island isnt involved in this i have a pakage coming from there.... and id hate to have 3 yellow clown golbies doa by this.....

·
Registered
87 Posts
I waited in line for the ferry to hoboken for 3 hours. Then the state cops closed the ferry while we dropped people in Jersey City. So I walked to hoboken - its like 5 miles. Then i got in my car and got the heck otta there.

·
Super Moderator
28,197 Posts
Wow! I hadn't heard this news until tonight. That's really unusual not to get word in the library of a disaster like this. Special prayers of support out there to whomever is affected..

·
Registered
398 Posts
From seeing the live broadcast from the helicopters and such, it looks like you were very very lucky to get on the ferry within 3 hours! The ferry must have been loaded to the boards! Why did they shut it down?

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.