The Reef Tank banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have a 55 gallon tank with about 65 lbs. of rock, 2 oscellaris clowns, a skunk cleaner shrimp, 2 mexican snails and about 50 cerith and nassarius snails. We always look at your forums for information about our tank and we hope you can give us some advice!
We recently purchased 2 Black Brittle Starfish and we've been doing some reading about them and some say they are harmless while others say they are not. We read something that indicated the disc on the starfish could be an indicator of whether or not our tank inhabitants may be dinner, so I've posted a picture below for review. We plan on putting a few more fish in the tank and we don't want the starfish to be dining on our money, lol. We have an alternate tank we can put them in, so it won't be a "down the toilet you go" scenario. Just need some educated opinions as we would definitely like to keep them in this tank if possible. Thanks so much!!

Attachments

·
Keen Reefer
2,164 Posts
I have never kept one, but plan on getting one. I think you should only keep one per tank so there isn't any competition for leftovers, or maybe I'm just crazy, :arg: who knows? How large is the disc and what are the other inhabitants?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts