The Reef Tank banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all. Long time. Anyhow, my sps are thriving, and my brdsnest is growing like made. anyway, last week a few spots were all of a sudden bleached out. it is real patchy, and it seems to be spreading. I really can't figure it out. my perameters are great. all my other corals are fine, and I can't see any bugs or anything. any suggestions? or pictures so I can see what I actually need to look for?

150 gallon. 2 x 400 wat 14k MH. ph 8.3 alk 3.4 ca 425 ammonia 0 nitrite 0 nitrate 0
20% WC bi-weekly
1200 GPH return pump 4 direction split.
Tunze 6060
rio 3100
100 gallon RM sump
Kalk reactor tied into top-off

·
Registered
317 Posts
bleaching due to shade? is it deep down in the base?

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, everything has been consistant. if sdalinity has changed it has been by no more than .001 I keep it right at 1.024-1.025. placement has been the same since I got it, and that was 2-3 months ago. lighting has only been increased by a half hour since then. no change in bulbs or anything like that. and like I said, it is the only one being effected.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I don't think it's due to light, my birdsnest is on the bottom and doing fine. If that's the only affected coral, maybe you want to look into an interceptor dip. I have never done it, so I can not give specifics, but, have read of people doing this. Just a guess.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Do red bugs effect birdsnest?

·
Premium Member
10,625 Posts
sounds like the same problem i had with mine. i eventually decided it was STN (slow tissue necrosis) if it is still spreading i would frag off some good pieces now before it is too late.

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
good idea

1 - 9 of 9 Posts