The Reef Tank banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Well my tanks have been dry for awhile now. I hope that I'll be in a position to get at least one of them set up in the near future. I expect to be back posting often again (need to refresh my memory on a lot of this stuff before I get going).

So my question of the day is about single biotope aquariums.
I've always liked the idea of a tank containing fish/coral from one area.
What I'm wondering is if anybody out there has compiled this information for any specific regions/depths/etc..
I have no problem doing the research myself but why re-invent the wheel?

Thanks,

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
http://floridakeys.noaa.gov/sanctuary_resources/dr_splist.pdf

if you want to do something Caribbean this might help
Thanks, lots of info in there... I'll need to go through it and pick out what applies to me.

how specific of an area are we talking. are you really talking biotope or geographical area? in all reality a single coral, with a single damsel would be about right for our sized tanks. :D

G~
Alright you got me there. I was thinking geographical area/certain depths. Although I'd have no problem with one coral (provided it was BIG)... one damsel though... I'm not sold on that.

·
Premium Member
34,435 Posts
certain depths count. most people already have a system that is geographically correct, since most of our critters come from the Pacific. the main exception to this is our clean up crews. we get a fair amount of these from the caribbean.

G~

1 - 6 of 6 Posts