The Reef Tank banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I have a 29g that has been running for about 2.5 months. I have about 40 lb of live rock, and about a 2" aragonite sand bed. I am running a prizm deluxe skimmer as well as powerheads on each side of the tank. The powerheads are pumping around 900 gph. The tank parameters are all good. I currently have 2 small TR occelaris, 1 firefish, and 1 very small Randall's goby. For inverts, I have 4 turbos, 2 Tonga fighting conchs, 6 astreas, and 8 small left handed hermits. My question is, how much more of a bioload can I safely put on the tank. Thanks for all the help... you guys are great.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Well if I were you I wouldn't add any more fish for sure your right where you need to be. You probably could get away with another small fish maybe just depends how good you are at the up keep on your tank.

·
Registered
2,271 Posts
I think 40lbs in a 29 is fine but my only concern is the skimmer. We have a red sea 34g set up at work which come with the presm. Lets just say eventhough that skimmer already has a bad rap I now see why. That has to be the worst most ineffective skimmer. We took it off the red sea 34g two days ago and put ona cheap seaclone. WOW seaclones dont have the best rap either but compared to the prism its god amoung men. We had to empty the collection cup three times in one day so it wouldnt overflow and thats not skimming as wet as possible. Unfortonately we had to put the prism back on for display purposes

1 - 4 of 4 Posts