The Reef Tank banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Super Moderator
Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse and fresh water
26,043 Posts
My son did all the hard work . He wanted a clean engine compartment.he still needs to get his nitrous setup. I’m not put any money in it. My days of hot race cars are long behind me.

·
Registered
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
416 Posts
My son did all the hard work . He wanted a clean engine compartment.he still needs to get his nitrous setup. I’m not put any money in it. My days of hot race cars are long behind me.
Yeah. OK. I’ll buy the fact that you aren’t into fussing with them again but I call BS if you are gonna try and tell me you won’t give it a good punch with that bottle open when you get the chance. That urge never dies.

·
Super Moderator
26,043 Posts
Yeah. OK. I’ll buy the fact that you aren’t into fussing with them again but I call BS if you are gonna try and tell me you won’t give it a good punch with that bottle open when you get the chance. That urge never dies.
That’s right, I’m gonna drive it , but it’s his time to pay for it. Lol
When he was 8 I brought him a nice jr dragster.
Watercraft Boats and boating--Equipment and supplies Boat Recreation Motor vehicle

·
Super Moderator
26,043 Posts
I sold my 73 Vega and they came from North Carolina on a late Friday night and he cried because I sold it, that Sunday I brought this for him and let him stay out of school on Wednesday to drive to Texas to pick up,

·
Super Moderator
27,534 Posts
Good evening, guys!

Doug - with all the fog-related stuff going on, and a super busy day at work, I hope you can settle down for a relaxed evening.

wheeew! No way can I keep up with this motorcycle talk. The only thing that’s caught my eye was “Indian,” and that sent me to the film “World’s Fastest Indian.”

...... 🤔 ,,,,,Seems there should be a 'smiley' in there somewhere......SORRY! Here Ya go......😁
Hack

60 is the new 50 Hack. I got my first street bike at 48. Wish I had done it sooner. Maybe pounding joints into powder on a dirt bike isn't the greatest idea but a cruiser would be ideal. It is amazing what a quiet ride does for your head. I can't stay upset for long on a ride.
Hmmm I thought 70 was the new 50.

On that note, I’m going to get to other projects tonight.

Grooviness

·
Super Moderator
26,043 Posts
I'm still just shy of the big six oh so I'm saving up here a bit...100% 70 will be the new 50 for me in a while. I'll be 59 this weekend and still refuse to act more than 12 for more than an few hours a day.
I think about I how I lived and can say I didn’t think I would get as old as I am. I never grew up

·
Registered
416 Posts
Yeah. I am likely the youngest here at the table so this should make most of you chuckle but I honestly can’t get my head around my age. Yeah, stuff hurts but my brain still thinks it’s 1979.

·
Administrator
47,473 Posts
I got into motorcycles in high school, started off on a 150 Dream Honda, thent tries and S90, followed by 250 Scrambler Knew early dirt wasnt my thing. 305 Super hawk, 441 Victor, then a Triumph tiger and later a built Bonneville, a couple Kawasaki triples H1 nand H3, then a 68 XLCH, Kawasaki 903 Z1 nand a Dunstall Norton 850 cafe racer, may fave solo bike

·
Super Moderator
26,043 Posts
I’ll be 70 next June

I just had to prove to my daughter that when the notice on the dash saying need oil change, then 4% like remaining, she called tonight in the way home from work think the car was low on oil, she was afraid to drive it. I told her it’s not low but saying you just need and oil change. I did show her on the dipstick.

·
Administrator
17,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
WOW......leave you folks alone for a few hours, and .......ALL THIS! WOW!

Nope, never had 'real speed', only cool speed. Doug, Vinnie, Rick, Y'All are WAY OUT of my league talking bikes, and race cars. Love hearing the fun passed on to the next generation.

I'm still a kid too Rick, only 63 and '21 in the mirror'. Doug you're too old to be counting 1/2 years.....and too young to think you got to rush it. Let's All just enjoy the ride!
Hack

·
Super Moderator
22,340 Posts
How does the talking thing go with Molly Jeff? Is it something that kicks in over time? Can she start to learn now or will she need to be older?
well, she is about 3 months old now, already says “up” ( what is usually said when working with a parrot to step up/on to a hand) and mumbles ( as in starting to pick up mimicking other words that were likely repetitive so far) a few things so far.
Using “good girl” a lot in the hopes she picks it up.
Birds/parrots “speak” on many levels , some breeds more than others. I knew a cockatiel that could whistle the “Andy Griffith Show” most of the way through. I had a blue front Amazon parrot that learned “quiet!” ( have not idea who taught him that🙄🥴😂) and first time he said it ( clearly and loudly) was when I was vacuuming the room, over the vac I heard a “quiet!!!” Loud n clear, haha.

• Haha
Reactions: cath and Tinsnips

·
Registered
416 Posts
Will she have feathers clipped? I had three on each side clipped for my cockatiel. Enough he could just take off but couldn’t fly for long. I took him in public quite a bit and he had a mind of his own.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts