The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Administrator
17,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.......Keep breathing, we can get through this....OK, here we go....
Good morning and HAPPY *ONDAY!

A rough, 2 cup of joe calculation is only 4 of these left before winter break.....YEAH!
Said coffee is up, and Frosted Cherry Pop Tarts are on the counter.

Boss is back, and *y 'ibidi bibidi boo' powers are again put away. Will be a tough day between the 'He'sssss back and the weather'. A *orning high in the 50's dropping to the low 40's by noon, with *orning showers.

Let's go see how today goes Folks......BE GROOVY,
Hack

·
Super Moderator
Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse and fresh water
26,043 Posts
Good *orning all,

I’m half awake, thanks for the coffee, it needed today,

going to dip the tasty cake cookies in my coffee before breakfast,

told Jacob I would get back to work on transmission, but he no we’re close to needing it.

·
Super Moderator
27,534 Posts
Good mawnin’, Hack, Vinnie, and all of TRT!

Thanks for the coffee and frosted cherry PopTart. I’ll add loaded oatmeat, apples and nanners and hot chocolate.

Hack - That greeting almost sounded like a bad mood.😲 I know you will find a way to make your day groovy and awesome.

Vinnie - I figured you would post before I finished scribbling.
So are you going to help Jacob today? It sounds like he needs your expertise.

Jeff - What is the bird sound level like in your house now? How about an audio of the bird room?

Bobbi and I are going to break tradition and go Tday grocery shopping this morning. Eek!

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

·
Administrator
47,473 Posts
Morning gang coffee is on,30 and yucky out. Because of holiday everything is earlier this week as far as orders and delivery. Gonna be a cold mornin at work. More coffee, help yourselves

·
Administrator
47,473 Posts
Severe fog till 10 am, Fire Rescue just rolled out probably to a car crash. Ahold doing 50ish in fog in school zone nearly hit the rescue rig with lights on. Some people.
33f now so it's gonna be a heat wave ;)

·
Super Moderator
22,340 Posts
Morning all,
Run into town to TSC and grub store for a few things . Warm work gloves and wild boid seed @TSC, and fruit n veggies for me and the house birds, and so short list grubs fer me.

Let Molly out and later sat down in the bird room with her as part of the “the rest of my day’s” interaction /us time for her ( and prob mine ) mental health. She was cool with cuddling against my chest, and even tho it is not the primo/preferred body spot to have parrots( pirates may disagree) she totally is chilled out on my shoulder ( as I type this).
So far, pretty much “behaving”( as normal “acts like a permanent 2 yr old human”) not destroying my glasses, biting ear lobes and gently preemning my beard. Keeping parrots/macaws mentally stimulated and active is key for being happy/healthy.

Cath, other than a few ( new to the dawgs) low squawks outa Molly, being new to them , she is pretty quiet . Granted she can belt out some ear piercers as macaws can do, but she is mostly low volume . After I read up/figger how to post a video, I will of her being “vocal”.

next is to dress warm and tend to the remnants of the tree felling . Dirt and stump shredding needs picked up/relocated, dirt brought in to make level where the trees were. And prob 10-12 trips with the big tractor to put the last of the tree trunk sections back to the logging facility storage area in the back for future shortening and splitting for firewood.

Hope everyone has a great day!
Bird Hand Vertebrate Macaw Organ

Nose Glasses Bird Vision care Organ

·
Administrator
17,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Home 1/2 day from the creek.......NOW the boss sees just how slow it is this week. Light rain, and zip to do, so home I am.

Hack - That greeting almost sounded like a bad mood.😲 I know you will find a way to make your day groovy and awesome.
Nah Cath, not a BAD MOOD......just a *onday attitude.....with the boss being back, and the just know my decisions will pop up for discussion.....just NORMAL any more. BUT certainly NOT 'None- Groovy' by a long shot.

What to do now...... 🤔 .......
Hack

·
Registered
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
416 Posts
Good afternoon all. Busy in here today! Work is actually making me work. We all know that sucks but here I am.

How does the talking thing go with Molly Jeff? Is it something that kicks in over time? Can she start to learn now or will she need to be older?

·
Administrator
17,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Afternoon Rick......NOT get back to work!

Yeah Jeff, what He asked? is it strictly repetition, or will she just pick up something that she thinks is groovy?
Hack

·
Administrator
17,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
...... 🤔 ,,,,,Seems there should be a 'smiley' in there somewhere......SORRY! Here Ya go......😁
Hack

·
Registered
416 Posts
I do know they pic up stuff and mimic - sometimes not what you want them to pic up. I had a cockatiel in college who said Rick very clearly. He also said "that sucks!" loudly on occasion Not really clear but once you heard it it was obvious. He didn't have the language skills Molly will have.

·
Administrator
17,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
After spending the morning hours in a drizzle with the temps falling from the 50's to the low 40's......a HOT shower helped me decide what to do with the rest of my day off......NOTHING! Well besides laundry, dishes, and the gym....THEN nothing......perhaps. Well at least decided against going to the range, of store hopping, just staying home n warm.

After last night's feast with that English mixed grill, have to decide how to follow THAT up.

I never had a 'talking' bird..,..a Canary once like all kids, who I seem to recall had making a mess down pat. Been a time or two had crossed my mind....right up there with learning how to ride a motor cycle......one of them I regret, the other not so much. I would like Hack to learn though....🤔..I feel kinda left out. Can folks in their 60's pick up bad habits yet? ;)

Hmmmmm.....🤔.....perhaps an afternoon cup of joe would be cool....
Hack
Well HOT, but sure Ya knew the context.

·
Registered
416 Posts
60 is the new 50 Hack. I got my first street bike at 48. Wish I had done it sooner. Maybe pounding joints into powder on a dirt bike isn't the greatest idea but a cruiser would be ideal. It is amazing what a quiet ride does for your head. I can't stay upset for long on a ride.

·
Administrator
17,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I came close a few years ago.....decided I never had a 'mid-life crises', so figure THAT would fill the bill......got out looking at some bikes, and started seeing what it would take to learn/get licence ect.

The Mrs., was initially excited till we, as usual discussed PROS n CONS.....At first Jen though we could both get one, but THAT thought didn't last past the first glass......then there was the ever popular 'We live in South Jersey.....7 months of potentially NICE motor cycle weather, and 5 bumping into it' point. THEN the biggy, the same reason I don't own a boat.....6 days a week at work, one day off......in that one day off: church, yard, house, errands, SHINDIGGING....., then there's the always popular SHOOBEE SEASON! And them a stupid breed here at the shore. They try their level best to kill me with the way they dress none the less put my 2 wheels against their 4 wheels.

I still look at them, and have the urge to touch em......heck, I've even sat on some, and when no one was looking went 'vrooom vrooom'. But I'm afraid I have to many enjoyable things in my life to divide the pie any smaller.

Actually I did ride a bike once.....,out in San Diego when I was in the Navy. Was absolute clueless, but a group of us decided a nice way to see the place....THEY RODE, I didn't, but didn't need a motor cycle licence there, just a driver's licence. So stuffed a 500 Honda between my legs, and after a few there n backs in a quiet neighborhood took off like 'Bronson', wool watch cap, denim jacket and all. I wasn't always as intelligent as i am now. 😁
Hack
You know how long it takes to get the smell of doo doo outa yer pants?

·
Super Moderator
Multiple tanks, reef, seahorse and fresh water
26,043 Posts
Hack there a feeling of freedom you get on a bike, you don’t drive it, it’s more like you are part of it. You body plays a big pest in handling it. Hard to describe. When you’re leaning into turns nothing come close,

·
Administrator
17,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
......Oooooooo,TINKER TOYS! ("Kids, go on YouTube") 👍
Hack

·
Administrator
17,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My Dad rode an Indian, and my oldest Brother was a member of the Bones......but that was a different generation than mine.......I rode pick ups on 'washboard' roads that left dents in the metal roofs back in those days.
Hack

1 - 20 of 40 Posts