The Reef Tank banner
2741 - 2751 of 2751 Posts

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
You will need somewhere to keep the livestock and rock you are keeping. And it will have to be out of the way.

·
Shark..but a friendly one
16,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,742 ·
Big part of this Jerry........Don't thiiiiiiiiink I'm hanging on to anything. Fish, Coral, Rocks.....going.....Hopfully/PLAN-A to John's....lfs.

An absolute/start over/clean slate/fresh start.
Hack

·
Sponge
2,371 Posts
Oh my. A complete fresh start. That’s where I am. But with a little more time off lol. I may have to follow your new thread if you make one so I can steal some ideas lol

·
16,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,746 ·
Are you going to use new rock?
Nice new pearly white Base/dry rock.....Marco's, er something like their's.Starting out with KNOWING EXACTLY what's in there......couple hundred pounds of primo live rock here, but NAH. Don't even know if'n I want to 'seed it' with a piece of LR from the store. Once again out of the chain of evidence.

I may even ID the shrimp I'll cycle with..... 🤔 :ROFLMAO:
Hack

·
16,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,747 ·
Oh my. A complete fresh start. That’s where I am. But with a little more time off lol. I may have to follow your new thread if you make one so I can steal some ideas lol
PLAN-A Pal, is this happening over my 'winter break' which is just prior to Christmas.....usually around the 21st. That was I have 2-3 months I can give er my undivided attention.

But that's the idea about starting another 'HOW TO' thread, and may decide....actually probably will....have to get started pretty soon, so that when the time comes, I ain't divided between the 2 tanks. Got to have this one down n gone by then.
Just like the name if this thread.....BIG DAY COMING SOONER THAN I THOUGHT......it comes up FAST!
Hack

·
Sponge
2,371 Posts
PLAN-A Pal, is this happening over my 'winter break' which is just prior to Christmas.....usually around the 21st. That was I have 2-3 months I can give er my undivided attention.

But that's the idea about starting another 'HOW TO' thread, and may decide....actually probably will....have to get started pretty soon, so that when the time comes, I ain't divided between the 2 tanks. Got to have this one down n gone by then.
Just like the name if this thread.....BIG DAY COMING SOONER THAN I THOUGHT......it comes up FAST!
Hack
I still can’t believe you’re going to get rid of this tank. But I know the pain of having to do it, just not quite as large. My daughter was devastated when I practically gave the 75 away. I hated to do it but the maintenance was more than I could handle at the time. Even still I couldn’t do it now. But that’s why I’m wanting a smaller set up.
My 1 year old absolutely loves reef tanks. We took him to the aquarium in Tennessee and he was amazed. Then the LFS he was the same way. He even enjoys doing “research” on 30 gallon aquariums with me lol.

·
16,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,749 ·
I anticipate this will be a real challenge Pal.....both logistically as well as I'm sure emotionally....having put soooooo much of myself and even Family into it.
I've faced worse in my life, so will just 'Get to it...'.
New UNBUILD thread just started.
Hack

·
16,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,750 ·
2nd deep clean/water change in 2 weeks.....someone's getting antsy.
Part schooling for Hack I camouflage in assisting me, went to the shore to drag some more of the local Ocean home.....only 30 gallons though this trip.

Cleaned the glass tonight, and turkey baster'd the reef so every thing will settle out over night to suck out tomorrow.
Stopped by Jon's shop this week, and thinking I narrowed down my next tank to a 75 gallon......nice dimensions to work in. HATED the 90 when I saw it first hand.

Now I gotta get this ball rolling....get it out of the abstract and into motion.
Hack

·
16,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,751 ·
Actually DID get the cleaning/water change done yesterday......THAT happens often.......rigTH? :ROFLMAO:

With the recent removal of 1/2 my PH's, my circulation has been left wanting. Noticeable in the amount of Ciano algae that has shown up, and my newest, ummmmm, battle.....small 'b'. Nothing a good, and FREQUENT siphoning won't help.

Just beginning the thoughts/process of shifting gears here, and don't want to put out money I ABSOLUTELY DON'T HAVE TO, and make do with what I do have.....and I DO HAVE the Atlantic Ocean right here.

I'm going from feeling right comfy with the 'soft coral' keeping hobby, getting a feel for what I can and can't do bucking the 'mainstream', to I am bloody clueless and overwhelmed with the choice ahead moving into SPS. Not 'overwhelmed as in NOT HAVING FUN, but in WOW.......I didn't know.

This is going to be a WILD RIDE coming up here before too long.
Hack

2741 - 2751 of 2751 Posts