The Reef Tank banner
2701 - 2720 of 2751 Posts

·
Shark..but a friendly one
16,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,702 ·
......Me neither. Well actually let me think....
1- Half Black dwarf Angel
2- Pajama Cardinals
1- Green Banded Goby
1- Green Clown Goby
1- Blue/Green Chromis
*1- 'Think I'm Missing one fish'
Hack
*NOW I remember...I have a Bi-colored Blenny!
So I thught I had 7 Fish.
Hack

·
16,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,703 ·

Yeah, it's these common Green Reef Chromises that are $11.99.....were like $4.99 when I bought my last ones around here.....prices did go up. SHOCKED huh?

But a shoal of these 5-7 look AWESOME!
Hack

·
Sponge
2,371 Posts
Hack! Glad to see your thread and your tank are both going strong. How has the tank been treating you the past few years? Do you have it stuffed full now?

·
16,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,705 ·
Water Vertebrate Blue Fluid Organism

Water Vertebrate Blue Azure World

Water Blue Vertebrate Botany Nature

Hey Pal......THANKS for stopping by.

Here's a few to give you the feel for Hack's Reef.

It's been an incredible journey Christian that you helped make possible. Though I am far from tired of this hobby which just passed the 7 year mark......I AM READY TO TRY THE NEXT PAGE.

I can still use the words 'MAYBE and IF' for the moment, but has the feel it will happen. A huge down size.....don't need a 210 for SPS, and won't have a load of Fish....as after 7 years I still only have 7 in there.
Smaller tank, more room to enjoy it...The 210 is a glove fit out there.

Have thoughts of perhaps 60, 70 to perhaps a 90.....don't want a 55, and nothing larger than a 90....BUT nothing grabbing me yet.

Hope you'll be around for the build Pal....looking to happen over my winter break.
All the best,
Hack

2 Children now? Got to play catch up around here.

·
Sponge
2,371 Posts
Yes sir! A 6 year old who just started school, a 1 year old who’s as wild as a bobcat, a wife finishing up her masters and also in her first year teaching. Been a crazy past couple years. But things are looking better now and less hectic. So I’m looking to slow down and be able to do the things I enjoy again. Reefing being one of them. I’m hoping to start mine by winter as well. And this time I want to have a game plan of corals I do and don’t want. Last time I was starting to get overtaken by GSP and button polyps. Don’t think I want those this time. May just stick with all lps and a few sps. I like softies, but they spread quickly under the right conditions. Luckily I never got rid of my water filtration system. It’ll need filters changed, but that’s much cheaper than a new system. BTW your tank looks absolutely stunning man! Reminds me a lot of PaulB which is one of my favorite tanks.

·
16,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,708 ·
Well spent my rainy day off from work gathering some of the Atlantic Ocean for a much need tank cleaning/water change.....FINALLY! Penciled in for tomorrow morning.....still supposed to be a rainy day, so should be no shindigging get'n in the way. Got me near on 50 fresh gallons to get me going.

Sure feared THIS PART com'n.....It doesn't take much to turn yer train of thought.

Being all kinds of cool, using words like MAYBE, IF, PERHAPS, LATTER......
PLANS still are for this winter's break, let's see.... 🤔 August, Sept, Oct....Nov...December.....Ooooof, 4 MONTHS!

But I find myself thinking about it more n more often......so far have resisted going to JUST look at tanks to get some kind of an idea.....SO FAR!

Our site has EXPLODED recently with new and old build threads......nothing worse than watching the BIG GAME from the stands. :rolleyes:

I can do this🤔.........
Hack

·
16,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,709 ·
During my morning 'weekly' glass cleaning I pert near got put on my butt! Enough to trip the GFI to our system.
Don't worry, I kept putting my hand back in there while touching our old cast iron radiator, to see how bad it was once I reset the outlet. Not tooooooo bad....I just didn't touch the radiator any more as I finished cleaning. Sheeeeesh, THAT was close!
Hack
😁

·
Registered
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
263 Posts
Ouch! Careful there Big Guy. The angry sprites really don't like being in water. Any idea where it is coming from?

·
16,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,713 ·
Yeah, I'm thinking something electric.
Hack

·
16,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,714 ·
NO really......
I trashed one of my old Sunsun power heads last week because the cable fell off as I was lifting it out of the tank to clean it. HIGHLY suspect one or more of the other old ones as a cause.
Hack

·
16,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,715 ·
Working in the marine industry I get put on my keester more than a few times a week from stray something or anothers.
Big difference is DC voltage you can rate yer 'tolerence for' before removing your associated body parts from the water/machinery.....but AC, you are kinda in more of a hurry to get clear of....especially in the 30-50 amp flavor range.....15 amp wasn't much more than an 'Ooooooo'?
Hack

·
Registered
Red Tiger Oscars and Cichlids
263 Posts
General rule of thumb I have developed through years of the same is 120V stops mid palm, 220V mid fore arm. I took a hit from an 8' high output fluorescent bulb once while on a ladder changing bulbs in a sign. Burnt the palms of both the offending hand and the one firmly grasping the ground. I made up a new language during the 3 seconds I was on.

·
16,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,717 ·
Yeah I never gave a 2nd thought to playing with florescent bulbs without turning off or unplugging once upon a time.....CHANGED MY THOUGHTS ON THAT!
🤔 👍
Hack

·
16,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,718 ·
I'm going out there again now to do some cleaning, and have 50 gallons of the Atlantic to assist me before I turn it into a desert. So will be unplugging everything, and then looking closer when I finish the water change.
Hope its only 1 or 2 of the power heads, and not all of them.....don't really want to start laying more money out now on this system, if'n I'm going another route in 3-4 months.
Hack

·
16,599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,720 ·
Ohhhhh MAN.....almost had Hack bribed into sticking his hands in there for the testing. :ROFLMAO:

Yeah, that was probably going to be my PLAN-B......Nate was getting a wee pricey.
Hack

2701 - 2720 of 2751 Posts