The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
THE VILLAGE IDIOT
2,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys thought id let ya know that im a proud pap of some new bicolor frogspawn....

got to moving things around today to make room for the MONSTER goniopora and noiced when i moved the frog that it has 8 or so new heads on one stalk and 6 or so on another......ive been waiting on this thing to do this for a LONG time....

sorry...just alil bit excited on this one....

·
Reef Tanks Rock
207 Posts
D.J.
I love the job you did on your overflow! That is something I wanted to do with my overflows. I fell in love with having blue for my background color with my old tank, and when I ordered the new tank, Glasscages.com said they would only do black covers for the overflows. I have a five foot piece of acrylic with blue on it for the rest of the back and wanted to cover the black overflows with liverock somehow. Do you have anymore updated pictures of the tank in operation?
I was going to make a thin piece of DIY live rock to cover mine and put some holes in it for frag plugs to fit in. I think you gave me the motivation to do it, thanks.

·
L.A.R.K. Plumbing Guru
2,296 Posts
hey guys thought id let ya know that im a proud pap of some new bicolor frogspawn....

got to moving things around today to make room for the MONSTER goniopora and noiced when i moved the frog that it has 8 or so new heads on one stalk and 6 or so on another......ive been waiting on this thing to do this for a LONG time....

sorry...just alil bit excited on this one....
O.k. I was going to ask what bicolor frogspawn is but, I just googled it and can say that it's the first time I've ever heard of the stuff... Interesing looking D.J. if you ever do frag it I'll take a head or two.

Jason

·
L.A.R.K. Plumbing Guru
2,296 Posts
Actually Frogspawn is not an invert it is an LPS coral FYI =)

·
L.A.R.K. Plumbing Guru
2,296 Posts
ACtually, corals are inverts, no spine correct? :)

My frogspawn has grown a bunch of little frogspawns, but they have never grown large, but, it started as one single head, and it has split into 4, even 5 now I think.
If that's the case then that's a new one for me. =)

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
quote]

yep...inverts include sponges, insects, crustaceans, worms, cucumbers, all corals & anaenome, cephalopods, molluska, ecinodermata (cuces & starfish) and everything in your tank EXCEPT fish (both osteichthyes and condrichthyes...bony and cartlidge) yes seahorses are fish.
Matt

·
L.A.R.K. Plumbing Guru
2,296 Posts
quote]

yep...inverts include sponges, insects, crustaceans, worms, cucumbers, all corals & anaenome, cephalopods, molluska, ecinodermata (cuces & starfish) and everything in your tank EXCEPT fish (both osteichthyes and condrichthyes...bony and cartlidge) yes seahorses are fish.
Matt
Wow, I've been learn'ed again today. Almost three years in the hobby and never knew that corals were inverts lol... I knew about all of the other things (didn't know about anemone's though... Thought they were in a different classification)

Interesting. Thanks for the schooling guys.

Jason

·
Registered
2,353 Posts
:)
I kind of have to do this...not tell people they are wrong, but when you are teacher, especially a science teacher, you want to make sure people get it right. I know that most of us actually do want to know and understand, compared to some of my students.

·
L.A.R.K. Plumbing Guru
2,296 Posts
Probably by the time it's ready to be fragged I'll have to buy another tank to store a frag of it lol (I'm getting kinda full)

·
THE VILLAGE IDIOT
2,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
you and me both....i think i let my eyes over size my tank!!! LOL.....i swear i gota enuff coral to stock a 180!!! LOL....and jen can vouge for
that!!

also found a bright red duster of some sort inbetween the 3 main heads as well.....so thats cool....

·
THE VILLAGE IDIOT
2,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
D.J.
I love the job you did on your overflow! That is something I wanted to do with my overflows. I fell in love with having blue for my background color with my old tank, and when I ordered the new tank, Glasscages.com said they would only do black covers for the overflows. I have a five foot piece of acrylic with blue on it for the rest of the back and wanted to cover the black overflows with liverock somehow. Do you have anymore updated pictures of the tank in operation?
I was going to make a thin piece of DIY live rock to cover mine and put some holes in it for frag plugs to fit in. I think you gave me the motivation to do it, thanks.
thanks but it was just my idea...i didnt do the actual work on it....BRAD(condiman) did while the tank was in his pocession.:drool:....my 75g has a blue back which you cant see now from the pod casings,algea and coraline...i didnt like it blue anyways....but it was an impulse paint job!!! LOL

your welcome for the motivation!!! i wanted to make use of EVERY square inch of prime REALSTATE!!! LOL figured that the OF box would be a great place to setup some housing condos!!! and be a great place for pods to live in and the fish not be able to get them as easily....it looks alot better in person.....

ill have picks of the tank with water in it this week.....friday/satuurday...the tank gets plumbed and filled with freshwater on thrusday this week....

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.