The Reef Tank banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently I'm using a reactor with rowa phos to control phosphates and doing a good job. The problem is I have a power head in main aquarium with hose running through the top two inches of water to the reactor. that hangs on side of tank. It's unsightly and looks like crap and distracts from viewing the aquarium. No room in sump to put any more equipment.

I have a Lifereef sump with three canisters for filter media. I use one for carbon, one for nitrates, the third one is empty. What's the best phosphate control media I could use for the third canister so I can get all that stuff out of my main display aquarium?

·
Novel Responder
4,371 Posts
I have only used phosbuster pro, which worked well. I have found it better to try to avoid getting them in the tank to begin with. Are you using RO/DI water....do you have a problem with phosphates or just looking at preventative maintenance?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have only used phosbuster pro, which worked well. I have found it better to try to avoid getting them in the tank to begin with. Are you using RO/DI water....do you have a problem with phosphates or just looking at preventative maintenance?
Thank you for your response. Yes, I'm currently using ro/di water. My phosphates are measuring zero with the commercial test kits....so don't know how accurate it is. Anyway I'm trying to keep it at zero with the commercial test that I have so I guess I'm just doing preventive maintenance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts