The Reef Tank banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does ne1 kno where the best place to buy live rock is?
I am just starting a 10g tank so if u got ne suggestions on what to do for the tank ill give some things a try:)

·
Registered
557 Posts
For a 10g wouldn't take much, I'd watch here for someone parting with theres.
If you go with fiji, its cheap per pound, but pounds add up quick.
I picked up a 7lb pukani from Aquabuys, and that alone would probably fill a 10g. whereas fiji, you'd probably need 10-15 lbs.
If you want pieces NOW, most LFS has stock on lr that you can walk in and get it.

·
Banned
2,995 Posts
I have Marshall Island LR from Imagine Ocean in Canton. I was able to get small nano sized pieces- u may wanna call and see what their inventory is like before you drive over there.

Marshall Island is very good quality rock- lots of holes and very light. May cost a little more, but it takes less to fill a tank.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, i would get some LR from the lfs around me but all the peices are the same except diffrent sizes
and with fiji liverock would i be able to break it up into smaller pieces if i wanted just in case i wanted 2 fit it othe places?

·
Registered
573 Posts
robsmith32 said:
For a 10g wouldn't take much, I'd watch here for someone parting with theres.
If you go with fiji, its cheap per pound, but pounds add up quick.
I picked up a 7lb pukani from <b>Aquabuys</b>, and that alone would probably fill a 10g. whereas fiji, you'd probably need 10-15 lbs.
If you want pieces NOW, most LFS has stock on lr that you can walk in and get it.

Did aquabuys start selling liverock????

·
Registered
557 Posts
aquabuys is starting to. yes, was like 3.99lb for fiji, and 5.99 i think for the pukani.
He's supposed to be getting in another big order of it to start curing.
Like said, that is where I got the sweet deal on my piece of Pukani. I love the holes in it, cause i can just stick a frag into the hole and not worry about glueing or anything.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
then i'd like dat sort of rock cause it just looks amazin with just little critters comin out of the holes also

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ya i want to know so i can go there when there live rock is cured

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
is anyone sellin LR cause i might buy some from people if they close enough to me im willing to dry about 30min if my parents are up for it

i had a friend that was going to buy LR from someone but it was someone that lived like an hour away so he wasnt able to get it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts