The Reef Tank banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Shark..but a friendly one
16,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
🤔 Good morning and HAPPY WEDNESDAY TO ALL! 😁

Nothing leaves one in the fog more than a day off in the middle of the week.....will take a wee bit of internal clock adjusting.

Supposed to be something along the lines of what Jeff mentioned as far as the weather goes around here......a nice chance of thunder storms, winds, and hail......but at the moment that's only a rumor.

Coffee is up, and a couple pans of Milk Chocolate Brownies to bring some crumbs to your day.

Let's go make some groovy tales for latter,
Hack
And to borrow a line, "........Let's be safe out there.". Anyone?
1620208500549.png

·
Super Moderator
27,228 Posts
Good mawnin’, Hack, and all of TRT!

Thanks for the coffee and yummy brownies. I’ll add cereal choices, nanners and local strawberries.
How is he doing this morning? My guess is that Nate will be helping her today.
NO scary stuff for you at work today,and I mean it!! Your weather looks dramatic again.

Perry - Yeah with the plans for your laundry area! Looking forward to photos of the work going forward.

Doug - Good deal on knocking out that painting job. No wonder it wore you out.

Jeff - Thanks for the update on the doxies that we’re recently adopted out. Butters sounds like the poster child of healthy weight loss. I bet he feels better, too.
That mammoth gardening business must be eye-poppin’.
Hope you can humanely relocate that raccoon.

Sunny day for us today, and climbing up to the 80s.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

·
Administrator
47,039 Posts
Morning all, 47 here heading toward 90 later on, but cooling down alot tomorrow.
Delivery day today so more crazy, I cant believe how early in the growing season we have started getting hella busy, its like sept already. My town economy is based on cannabis/hemp and it brings in a lot of money, sadly it is not all that rosy. We have Cartel influence, migratory weed workers who come for the big $ and wind up living in cars and vans and to obscene amounts of water being used for illegal grows :(
Need to put second coat on walls and trim the top at the wall to ceiling interface, then i will lay down my brush and I will paint no more forever

·
Retired Wanderer
17,296 Posts
How funny Doug. One of the jobs I turned down was Production Supervisor at a legal pot growery on a large scale.

Did my drug test today for prehire. They only took a little off the back in a hair test. I think some of my third shift guys could have passed that. Everyone at the new company is so friendly and professional. It will be nice to work somewhere besides a tiny drama filled manufacturing outfit.

Going to volunteer at church along with finishing the basement. Haven't been the world's best man lately, so need to give a little back.

·
Retired Wanderer
17,296 Posts
Guess a no contact order was sent out at my former employer. I got a little jacked up but am almost back to par due to an accident there. Couple dings in my head don't look great.

Looks like my attorney must have sent them a postcard or something. I declare shenanigans.

·
Super Moderator
22,175 Posts
Evening all,

Cath, the racoon has been given fair warning ,,,, doubt we will do anything about his visits, unless he chows down on wild bird feed while doing damage/ creating a mess. Blyth bowling teammate a few houses over said we can keep Rocky Raccoon,, we politely passed, haha. and ditto on the 2 skunks the neighbor says visits her property. Dunno what the dawgs here would do if/when a racoon was on the inside of the 6 ft. fence,, but my money is on most of the long dawgs diving deep into their badger hund roots. And King the GSD would provide backup of course .No real reason for a wild critter to be within the fence confines, but still kinda check before I "release the hounds"

Except the Irish moss getting planted next to the walking path stones , Blyth (and I helped a bit) got the flowers n such planted in da ground today .Oops, forgot that she took a slowdown on the deck boxes and hanging baskets for today, I hinted I would like to see "terrasorb" - name brand for the lil granules that when introduced to water, they absorb/swell up thus retaining water and releasing the water to the plants roots slowly. Kinda tough keeping stuff watered properly when a peat "basket" is holding the dirt in place and being prone to drying out quickly. Amazon'd up some today, Prime will get em here tomorrow.

Took cardboard and water bottles and cans to recycle,,, and lowered the fenced in back yard , along with walking the fertilizer broadcast spreader around to make it grow greener AND faster,, weird thinking,,, make it grow faster AND cut a lil off the top,, more often,,, sometimes my head tilts to one side when I ponder such things,,,

Menards/Home Depot run in the early am,, wild boids need food, and I need suet cakes to make the "bark butter" for the woodpeckers and others that gorge themselves on it.. O fcourse will grab the next round of rattle can paint for the upcoming delivery of fence posts for the antique fence panels already painted and waiting for install. . Playing the " I bought this/that , since I was gonna need it in the near future, and doing so , saves the time n gas to make another run later" card. Works out pretty well for me, heheh.

Comfy chair soon, might hang out in the hanging chair on the back deck and take in the avian activity we attract with spending money on their grub,,,

Hope everyone had a great day!

·
Shark..but a friendly one
16,023 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Top of the evening Jeff, and too all dropping by. Yeah stray animals do drop in on occasion......we'z more prone to skunks and opossums. Learned early on when you think it's a cat outside your window making a rukus.,,,,,double check before you let the boot fly out the window. Had to quarantine the bedroom for a day or so after the SKUNK showed his displeasure. :oops:

20210505_193838_resized.jpg
A morning view as the fog was lingering this morning.

Cheese burgers were the fare this evening, and another large stash of Tasty Kakes has materialized?
Hope grooviness rules,
Hack

·
Administrator
47,039 Posts
Evening all, painting is near done, just a little touch up where theres roller bumps on ceiling.
Not sure how "no contact order' works perry.
Another crazy day at work, deliveries were about twice usual and they all came in about the same time.
Tired as heck, another early night for me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts