The Reef Tank banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have a Flame Angel doing very well..... thinking about putting in a Bellus Angel....wondering if the two will fight or ignore each other.

·
spaceman spiff
11,769 Posts
Those two are quite different, I'd bet you'd have success. The bellus can get kind of large, though, what size tank are you looking to keep themin?

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Ive had some past experience with various angels. I had a 120 with a queen and a cherub angel and they totally ignored each other. I had a 75 gallon with a coral beauty and then added a flame. They were both really small and they fought for several days so I decided to take them both out rearranged the rocks I kept them in two 20 gallon tanks over night reintroduced them and they were fine. The only time they showed any aggression was at feeding.

·
spaceman spiff
11,769 Posts
I have never seen two dwarf angles do well together in a tank less than 200 gallons. No experience with the bellus however.
Ah, but the bellus is no dwarf angel, it's a Genicanthus; a plankton feeding fish that has a very different body type than the dwarf angels.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have a flame and coral beauty in my 120. I put them in at the same time and the flame is twice the size of the beauty. They get along good now. Was some chasing at first but now it ok

·
spaceman spiff
11,769 Posts
So seems a lot of people are assuming that we're looking at two dwarf angels in this thread. To help with the confusion a bit, meet the female Genicanthus bellus.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts