The Reef Tank banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any experience with these lights? They seem pretty inexpensive (always good as I am finding this hobby way too expensive:cry:). But, I am looking to upgrade the lighting on my 90 gallon tank. I have no corals yet, but plan on adding some after my tank matures. Are these really reef capable, or would I be better off with something else? Any suggestions are welcome, but I do have a limited budget. Thanks!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/48-LED-Aqua...A%2BFICS%2BUFI&otn=21&pmod=300613541013&ps=54

·
Registered
386 Posts
That fixture doesn't have very many blue LEDs and they are only 1watt a piece. I'm not sure what chip they use either. I just got one of the chinese 120w fixtures for a little more than that one cost. It has like 28 blue LEDs and 27 white or something all at 3 watts. Mines uses epistar chips I think. Most people say these chinese fixtures are junk but i got mine with a 3 year warranty although it didn't come with any paperwork what so ever. I think I remember reading that if one LED breaks in these fixtures, then the whole fixture also breaks. Its a fraction of it's competitors price though, and I know that you get what you pay for. I came in about 5 days total, which wasn't bad at all and it seems to work pretty well. my maroon clown loves the new light. i believe you can get a dimmable version for a little bit more.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you give me a link to the light you got so I can compare?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts