The Reef Tank banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
ROOTS...ROCKS...REGGAE
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK people, with the weather getting warmer I know a lot of you will be firing up the grill. Let's here some of your best bbq recipes. I'm looking for recipes for ribs in particular. And what about the sauce? I use a local favorite originally from the west side of Chicago called "Sweet Baby Rays".Good stuff. What's your favorite sauce?

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
here's what i use. been using this for about 2 or 3 years now. it's a little hot, but can be adjusted by not using as much pepper or tobasco. it makes A LOT. usually last me about a month of bbq's

use LARGE pan, add:

3 - 24 ounce plastic bottles of ketchup
Fill the bottles with hot water and add to pan
1 1/2 pints of white vingegar
1 - 4 ounce can of chili powder
1 - 4 ounce can of black pepper
1 - 4 ounce can of garlic salt (not powder)
1/2 - cup sugar (more or less - to taste)
1 - small jar of Tabasco (1oz to 4oz - to taste)
1 - small jar of yellow mustard (apple size jar)

heat on high, mix well while bringing to boil
immediately drop heat to 'simmer' = 30 min.
(stir fairly often to avoid sticking)

·
TRT Staff The Mominator
10,503 Posts
I like sweet, spicy sauces but I'm a pinch of this, pinch of that kind of cook.

The sauce I usually whip up for pork ribs is a couple of cans of tomato sauce, garlic & onion powder, salt and pepper to taste, a capful or two of liquid smoke and a few big spoonfuls of grape jelly. Heat it up on the stove until the jelly is melted and the flavors have blended.

If you are grilling pork chops or chicken, a nice change of pace is to subsitute marmalade for the grape.

Alice

·
Administrator
48,701 Posts
Uhmmmmm I cheat and get this Teriyaki sauce by the gallon at the resteraunt supply for chicken :) I have also ound that marinading chicken or pork chops in the Italian Dressing makes a nice change of pace :D

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
mm i love meats marinated in italian dressing.

speaking of grilling and smoke.....

i jsut put 10 pounds of chicken in the backyard smoker to cook for a while. i love smoked chicken, falls off the bone!!

have family coming over later to eat on the deck, so i figured smoking the chicken would require far less attendance, allowing me to continue working on the stand :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.