The Reef Tank banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well today was a busy day;)

made the switch to bare-bottom! yanked out everything, did a dunk and swish on all the lr, pulled the sand, and re aquascaped everything. :D

instead of a spraybar, i made somewhat of a weir out of the rockwork with 2 koralia 4s under the rock in the middle, and 2 k3s on the sides aimed slightly down and towards the front to keep stuff off the bottom, then the flow kinda rolls up and bounces off the front glass and goes up over the reeftop. kinda cool how it works, it seems the leftover sand that i missed is piling up right in the front where itll be easy to syphon out so im hoping thats where the detritus settles for easy syphoning.

didnt realize aquascaping would be so much harder with large sps growing on it though, lol it really was a challenge, but my goal was to keep my rock up on the rack without it looking so symetrical as it did and to break up the wall with caves look i had going. i think it turned out kinda cool looking, not sure if im done with it but its almost there.

i gotta say i really like the way the barebottom looks in there, i really hope all the corals i have will adjust and continue to thrive as they did with the ssb.

heres a pic once it cleared up enough to take it, please dont mind the dirty looking glass ill add some nice pics tomorrow in my build thread after a thorough cleaning and scraping, this was a 7hour project so im gonna call it done for today lol.:cheers:

:D

·
Just send me a PM ;)
16,796 Posts
Once again... Great looking tank!! That Purple Monti is fabulous!

·
Perfeshunal Hikk
8,887 Posts
Congrats on the new look Mike, it looks awesome. I am not a big fan of the BB look but I like the layout of the rockwork you have :)

·
Just send me a PM ;)
16,796 Posts
now why would yu want to hide that gem for..LOL I have a fetish for purple coral.. well and blue...oh yeah orange too.. oh and yellow... awe crap i'm just and SPS junkie!

·
Just send me a PM ;)
16,796 Posts
that's basically how i have mine arranged.. all the Montis up front (where they can get regular Fraggin cause they grow so fast) and the other Fuzzy Sticks behind them...

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
That looks awesome mike! As soon as you go BB, I slowly start adding a SSB to my tank lol. Wanna donate your sand? ;) Nice work.

·
spaceman spiff
11,769 Posts
good luck with the adjustment, and don't be too terrified if things seem a little stressed out. it can take a while to acclimate to the new setup. looks great!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts