The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
ONE VERY BIG FISHY
699 Posts
ive got some do it yourself rock that you could have, i will sell it by the piece rather then the pound. Its in a river right now and has been ever since i made it to take out all the phosphate and stuff. Let me know. i believe it has been curing for about 2 months now.

·
Registered
395 Posts
ya wanting bace rock but dont want to pick it up? i have about 200 lbs of diy rock curing. IMO diy rock is the way to go it saves a reef and ya can get the shapes and sizes ya want not to mention for the most part it stacks together better

·
ONE VERY BIG FISHY
699 Posts
DIY rock is the best IMO, ive also have about 200lbs, i just throw mine in a river and after about 2 months theres no phosphate or any chemicals.

·
Saltwater Mom
5,869 Posts
Is that a fish could you elaborate on the river? You don't mean a real river right.

·
ONE VERY BIG FISHY
699 Posts
no, its more like a big creek.

·
Registered
395 Posts
my rock is in a plastic swimming pool but uses alot of water for the water changes i have found a creek just got to get time to get it out there

·
ONE VERY BIG FISHY
699 Posts
IMO putting it in a creek will "cure" it much faster since the water is constantly moving and new water is getting added pretty much every second, so its like getting a waterchange every second.

·
Registered
395 Posts
go to garf and click on (How To-Pages) on the left hand side and scrol down to the aragocrete section

1 - 20 of 28 Posts