The Reef Tank banner

bamboo shark swimming

4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  darrenduds20 
#1 ·
hey guys im new to the forum so if i posted this in the wrong section i do appologies

i have had a bamboo shark in my tank for about 3 weeks now things have been goin great i have been feeding it silver sides, squid , shrimp.

now recently it has been swimming around my tank (which looks great mind you) but from what ive researched and encountered prior to this swimming was that these sharks are bottom dwellers rarely swimming. i am unable to feed it due to it now sitting still enough to find its food before my puffer does. also the swimming looks kind of frantic.
any help would be greatly appreciated

#5 ·
so ive been monitoring my bamboo shark n its keeps scratching against the sand
basically going upside down and scrapping itself n its doing it quite often.

correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure it has ich although they dont apear on it?

#6 ·
I owned a bamboo shark for about a year and for the first couple months it done that exact same thing and it just settled down but would still swim around . I only sold him because it was a pain to feed because my trigger and puffer would take all the food . with the ich I had an outbreak that killed everything apart from him , he never had it . I don't think they really do get it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.