The Reef Tank banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i have been posting picture of my trigger in my reef tank seen below.....A lot of people ask my how do I keep it in a reef tank, I have no answer, one thing i have noticed, a lot of people say its not reef safe not by a long shot, how many people have actually reported a problem with a Niger trigger in a reef tank???? I haven't seen any, so i figured i would give it a shot........After over a year of having him have not had any problems, I just don't under stand is mine special????? I don't think so, probably has a lot 2 do about how much food, and tank space. He digs holes under rocks that's about it. He will move the occasional snail and crab around, just kinda figured he wants that area clean :). But no problems............... So I ask you this, do you actually know until you try it??? Has it ben proven in your situation......or has it just been said through the forums over the years? Maby so ask yourself if i can do it and not have any problems. Were they wrong?!?!?

I love my trigger :)

·
Doc Holiday
2,373 Posts
All fish are different.. So maybe you got the good one... Or lucky?? I don't know much about them because as I have read they are not reef safe so never took the time in researching them.. Since yours is reef safe maybe you wanna bread it so I can have a reef safe trigger???? I would love one..:)

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All fish are different.. So maybe you got the good one... Or lucky?? I don't know much about them because as I have read they are not reef safe so never took the time in researching them.. Since yours is reef safe maybe you wanna bread it so I can have a reef safe trigger???? I would love one..:)

Think about it maybe they were wrong, maybe they were wrong...........
Who decides if they are reef safe? someone may be he said i want this fish in my reef tank and no one else :eek:

breed hum :)

·
Doc Holiday
2,373 Posts
There a friend of mine that has a queen trigger in his reef tank and it does fine also.I dunno who makes the rules.

·
Premium Member
7,375 Posts
I've had a niger trigger in my reef without issue as well. Some species of trigger are much worse than others. Triggers in reefs isn't all that uncommon.

·
Doc Holiday
2,373 Posts
I've had a niger trigger in my reef without issue as well. Some species of trigger are much worse than others. Triggers in reefs isn't all that uncommon.
Well then I may have to go to the lfs and pick up one then..

·
Doc Holiday
2,373 Posts
I'd like to know the same thing.. If they are reef safe why are they saying different??? Is it a 50/50 chance?

·
Doc Holiday
2,373 Posts
That is true but if my chances are 50/50 I don't think I'd try it now if it's 75/25 then yea I'll give it a shot they are beautiful fish

1 - 12 of 12 Posts