The Reef Tank banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, just got home from the traffic mess in traveling up to visit the Shedd in Chicago,,,,WAY COOL!!! been a few years since we went there, and the place ROCKED! got the full access pass, saw all the stuff to see, lot's of new exhibits, the new Wild Reef was top notch and done well...i think i drooled the most at the behind the scenes view of the filtration,,,,,:eek: :eek: :eek: :D
i think i bored/impressed/annoyed the wife on knowing all the FW fish b4 she read the placards:rolleyes: :funny: , and she threw in a few "OUR lion is bigger","We have that, , and that,,,," only to get a look from the other patrons,,,,:rolleyes:
i have NEVER seen Acrylic that THICK!:funny: :funny: some were 2 inches thick!
Thumbs up on the visit today,,,,just wanted to share,,,

·
Super Moderator
22,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Man! sorry i opened my mouth!:rolleyes: 'til i get my MoM dig camera,,,:rolleyes: :D , i ain't hauling out my antique Mavica(640x 480) out in public,,,,
i went,,,,there was lot's a water, tanks,,,,fish, dolphins, beluga whales,,,close your eyes, imagine,,,,see? that's wat it looked like.
oh,,,BTW:
i'm goin to the Fla Keys to dive this Aug/Sept... i'll need a UW housing for the new camera too,,,:p

·
Super Moderator
22,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
aHem,,,some people can be voted out/banished from the J-crowd ranks,,,,;) LOL:funny:

·
Super Moderator
22,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
at least Johnny was nice,,,sniff,,,sniff,,,,

·
Super Moderator
22,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yup, they did a LOT of revamping recently,,,:beer:

·
Super Moderator
22,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Casey said:
Thanks for the pics dude at least some people care :):rolleyes:
HEY HEY HEY NOW!
i have feelings , ya know? sniff,,,, :( :p

·
Super Moderator
22,756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
asmith said:
Cool! One of our good friends visited Shedd aquarium a couple of years ago. He also went "Behind the scenes." He was looking at their HUGE skimmer and noticed that they were running the flow backwards! He mentioned it to them and they fixed it. It is kind of funny that some of us small time reefers are the ones that spot problems in the gigantic setups at public aquariums!
LMAO on that one Andrew!
i was blow away by the size AND number of sand filters they had in service,,,plus the skimmer,,,looked to be running ok then,,,tell your friend "thanks" LOL
also , i seem to remember in the Shedd's "old days" , that they would run rail car tankers down to the Keys for SW,,,and store it in the basement in HUGE tanks/vats,,,
mebbe Jerel was the one operating the spigot,,,,LOL;) :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.