The Reef Tank banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Master of Perplexity
3,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I don't have an underwater camera and it's illegal to collect corals, but my inherent collecting desires got the best of me and I got these on yesterday's dive trip to some artificial reefs off Panama City Beach. In 80' of water, visibility about 50' First is this arrowhead crab with the blue hands

·
Master of Perplexity
3,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
This one was obviously a reefer in another existence, forced by the vagaries of life to take up another type of collecting. How he holds them is the subject of a dissertation somewhere.

·
Master of Perplexity
3,451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In case someone gets upset about plundering the reef, the subjects shown existed in the millions on the reefs. Kinda puts the prices of things at our lfs in perspective. Also, I very carefully read the restrictions about collecting in the Gulf. When I asked the divemaster about it he just laughed and showed me the scars from sea urchin spines he accidentally incurred when he didn't watch where he put his hands.

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Nice pics! I had a arrowhead crab in a tank one time and when I came home from work the arrowhead was over the top of my sea urchin and pulling all the spines out!!:eek: The arrowhead went back to the LFS!:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.