The Reef Tank banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Thaumoctopus mimicus
390 Posts
Baby ceriths? I've gotten several hatches of those from my cerith snails.

·
Registered
6,317 Posts
THATS IT! thats the ones i have, also breeding like crazy, ive read ceriths are hard to breed, and other pics ive seen dont look like those. what gives? are those cerith or not?

·
Little fish in a big pond
5,916 Posts
They are ceriths. Not a problem but if they do get too numerous, a wrasse will usually take care of the surplus population. A six-lined, yellow coris or other fairy wrasse will usually keep them in check.

They breed like rabbits :)

Jenn

·
5,916 Posts
thekid55 said:
i also have them in my nano dont want to put a wrasse in though maybe a scooter blenny will do it.
Doubtful that a scooter dragonet (it's not a blenny) would eat snails. In fact, I wouldn't suggest putting any dragonet in a nano. They eat amphipods and copepods - live food. A few exceptions will eat frozen preparations but generally they'll just deplete the pod population in a small tank and then slowly starve to death :(

I'd sooner see a 6-lined wrasse in a nano than a dragonet.

Jenn

·
Registered
395 Posts
I have a bunch in my tank.when they get big enough i am going to move some over to my other tank. i need some more snails in there anyway :)

·
5,916 Posts
thekid55 said:
i dont think a it is a dragonet.

ooo it is heres a link
http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?pcatid=96&N=3

dont think i will be puting it in my nano.
No offence intended, but I've been around for a while - both in the hobby and in the trade - I know my fishes ;)

The mis-labelling of dragonets as "gobies" (ie Mandarin "goby") or "blennies" (ie scooter "blenny") peeves me off to no end. But this is steering the thread off-topic.

In any event, no dragonet is likely to eat snails. Stick with a wrasse.

Jenn

·
Tang Lover
7,326 Posts
Wow...very wierd. I was replying to the "Show me your tank" thread...and it seemed to post my reply HERE, in this thread.

bizarre.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts