The Reef Tank banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Earlier this week I noticed something special. My galaxia coral has decided to multiply! I took a picture of the baby today, I have never had a coral like a galaxia do that before.

All of last week at night it has been sending out feelers that were LONG, the coral itself is about a 2 or 3 inch diameter ball, and it was sending out feelers over six inches. That was the first time I had seen it do that, I thought it was because of my new moonlight, but I wasn't sure. Maybe all of that is coincidence, not sure at all but needless to say, I'm thrilled!

·
Crazed Fish Whisperer
2,611 Posts
*jealous* that's awesome! :)

·
Sumpless and Proud
1,297 Posts
That is so cool!!! What are you using for moonlight?

J.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I picked up this little LED moonlight thing at my LFS, got to test it out and I like it so I decided to buy it. It was $30 bucks I think, but I'm sure it can be DIY if you want. I have it on a little wood triangle wedge attached to my canopy and I have it set on a timer to come on an hour after the main lights go out, and turn off an hour before the main lights turn back on. Even if it dosen't help the corals, it makes the tank look BEAUTIFUL at night.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I remember the first time I had a frogspawn cast of a son/daughter. It was the coolest thing for me, because I never expected one of my LPS to do that. I expected from my shrooms and leathers but never out of the frogspawn. The baby that my frogspawn cast of did really well also. It was almost baseball sized when my Tomato clown decided it was a better host than the mother colony. The Tomato pestered it so much that it started to recede....as soon as it did, the tomato went back to the mother colony, and the baby would start to make a combact, just to be play host a later day. This went on for almost a year.

Great news on your coral though Codetoad. Keep us updated with pics as that little guy growns. (about how big is it in that picture (the baby)?)
Dave

1 - 6 of 6 Posts