The Reef Tank banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a peice of LR from my LFS and the guy that works there i know so he told me they jus got a new shipment in of LR that was jus crazy crawling with life and coraline algae so i had to get i peice well when i got home and looked at it more carefully i found a real tiny bubbletip anemone maybe a 1/2 inch maybe even smaller he has a well defined mouth and is starting to grow his tentacles he is a nice brown color how do i keep him alive he detached from the live rock while it was in transit to my house so i put him in a little 3 gallon tank for now i dont know what to do with him how do i keep him alive? what do i feed him since he's so small? do i put him back in the main tank or keep him in the little one? i would like to try my hardest to keep him alive any help would be great ive had anemones before just not this small heres a pic to help out
:fish:

Attachments

·
Registered
636 Posts
I havent kept nems but you could probably try to give him some mysis shrimp. Also they need high lighting so if you have some I would get him under it.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ya i got like 245 watts i used a eyedropper to put sum phytoplankton in but not sure if thats good enough

should i put him back in the main tank?

·
Registered
636 Posts
I think putting him in the main tank would be your best bet, he would get the best waterflow, light, ect in there.

·
Premium Member
6,679 Posts
looks more like a mojano than a bubble tip to me...

Here is a mojano:

Here is a baby BTA. The bubbles are usually the first thing you see.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
great lol im jus gonna toss him and keep on the lookout for any others that appear on the rock

·
Registered
133 Posts
Wow. You're baby bubble tip almost looks like a lotus. If only they came in pink jks. I like bubbles and I think if and when I have more experience, money and well... mum's permission to run a full blown reef tank, they will be my first nem.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I got a bulb also. It was so tiny that the clerk thought it was a little mushroom till she went to get it out of the tank. It was smaller than half a inch. He is now almost a inch tall and is so cute. I think that is what you have so please don't get rid of it. I would put it in your large tank and feed it every 3 days with mysis shrimp (frozen Kind) use a tong and the shrimp will stick you the anemone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts