The Reef Tank banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,603 Posts
Its junk thats why that brand sucks to be honost with you.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
I have heard bad things about that brand as well. Remember, you get what you pay for!

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have a couple of Odyssea 36' PCs on my tank and they stink. Most days the actinic bulbs don't come on by the timmer and I have to mess with the switches to get them to work.:mad: Two of the four fans have also gone out. I don't know about the MH line, but I say stay away from Jebo and Odyssea unless you like buying new lights every few months!

·
Registered
130 Posts
The 36" Odyssea T5 fixture I had the ballast wasn't UL listed and it was leaking voltage in to the tank. It was really cheap to buy, but the fish it killed just added up to what a good T5 fixture would cost.

·
Registered
163 Posts
just bought a coralite mh/pc for $1000. dont skimp on the lighting. imo, get a good light and the possibilities are pretty much endless as to what you want to put in your tank. spend the money now cause if not you will spend more later when you upgrade your tank......and believe me .........you will upgrade eventualy

·
Little fish in a big pond
5,916 Posts
It's all been said here... :) I helped a client who bought a used tank with one of those Jebo fixtures -- junk. Poorly constructed, legs were broken after just a couple of months of gentle use. That client replaced the fixture with a canopy and a Current USA retrofit kit.

Current USA makes the Satellite, for Charlieborg, excellent product, excellent company with great customer service. Satellite, Orbit, Outer Orbit, Orbit Extreme and Nova T5 are all excellent fixtures and retros by the same company. It's worth the extra money, IMO to get a quality product, backed by a company that stands behind it. Yes they're all made overseas, however Current USA has an office stateside with real human beings that will answer calls and emails, and take care of their customers. In my (limited) experience with the likes of Jebo and JBJ and the like... it's very hard to get warranty issues cleared up and the products are inferior to start with.

OH and Charlieborg... WELCOME TO TRT :beer:

In this and everything else... remember this:

"The bitterness of poor quality lasts long after the sweet price is forgotten."

Jenn

1 - 16 of 16 Posts