The Reef Tank banner
21 - 40 of 45 Posts

· Registered
200 Posts
Thanks for the link Digital, it's nice to get the stuff at half price of what it costs at the lfs around here. I was supprise to see they charge tax now on out of state orders but even with that it's still a real deal.
I ordered 5 buckets but they are backordered.
Thanks again !!!! :)

· Premium Member
19,379 Posts
reefcam said:
Oh, and these were the better handled buckets...
:eek: :eek: :eek:

I don't doubt that all that was due to the handling from your shipper, as generally the heavier the item, the poorer the handling. If you have this shipped, better to have it freighted on a pallet where they don't have to move the individual items. Once it is on a pallet and shrink wrapped, it doesn't go through the individual dropping, sliding across the cement pad (and off the loading dock) nor potential conveyor belt disasters that individual heavy-salt-bucket handling goes through.

Heck, those look like they were dropped off the end of the dock... ... on purpose...

I had Earl and the guy at Jenn's shop (sorry, I don't recall tour name if you're reading this) load the back of the truck with the pallet I bought. Thanks guys! :D :D

yeah... I was working really hard at ID'ing some misc. newly shipped wrasses while the two of them were loading the back of the truck till the shocks bottomed out...

btw, HAPPY FATHER'S DAY FOLKS!!!

· Going Broke
1,606 Posts
Tom, I'm sure the UPS guys dropped the buckets on purpose. It's a 60lb bucket. The older style buckets used to with stand this and when I ordered from Petsmart about a year ago, all the buckets showed up without any problems. If you have an older IO bucket, compare the two and you'll know what I'm talking about. I tried to shed my concern to IO 3 different times and they simply ignored my concerns. :mad:

· Little fish in a big pond
6,491 Posts
Those pix don't look anything like the buckets I get. The pix look a lot flimsier... that's strange. I wonder if the etailer/*mart stores get different buckets? That would account for some cost savings and a lower price... I've never had a problem with buckets - and I go through a lot of them. Usually the distributor's driver brings them, but I've had UPS deliver the occasional straggler. I don't often order a whole pallet, so they are subject to "repacking" and they aren't usually shrink wrapped on the truck. I have had issues with boxes of bags of salt being crunched and broken, but that was in an order where I had 5 pallets of stuff (not just salt) and the salt was the only thing that was damaged - I got credit for it, and used the salt for store use :D

(I don't give a tinker's curse if e-tail's bottom line bottoms out :funny: )

Edit: Paragraph removed. Commercial post---Rick O.

OH and BTW - I have NO complaints about Marineland/Aquarium Systems. Marineland has ALWAYS had fabulous customer service - and now that Aquarium Systems is under their umbrella, that excellent service has extended to the other companies that Aquaria Group has aquired. I sell a LOT of Marineland and AS products, and I've never ever had a problem with them. IMO the problem is with the shipper - I've had some things just mutilated by the shipper with the brown trucks, but they were fast to process a claim.

Jenn

· Registered
568 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
I just got my confirmation that my 5 buckets have shipped. We will how this plays out. The price did not change on the order so the $10.99 shipping is all I paid for 5 buckets shipped. I will update everyone upon delivery and the condition of the buckets. This was really quick as I only ordered it a couple of days ago.

Earl

· Going Broke
1,606 Posts
digital_dragon let us know. Maybe UPS just hates me. :(

JennM, I also picked up a bucket of IO 200g from the local Petsmart and the bucket was the same. I was hoping for the old bucket style. I wanted to reuse the bucket for water changes, but will use it for my garden. I just don't trust their new buckets.

Jim

· I'm Back
1,713 Posts
I just got my confirmation they shipped. I am supposed to get them tomorrow.

I'll let you know,

· Little fish in a big pond
6,491 Posts
Casey, how did you get MY salt bucket, and my washing machine???!!!! :eek:

Jenn

· Going Broke
1,606 Posts
Thanks Casey. Can I have my salt bucket back??? :D

That's the old style bucket that lasts. The ones I got was a flimsy ones. Okay, maybe someone did listen at AS/Marineland.

· Premium Member
19,379 Posts
reefcam said:
The ones I got was a flimsy ones. Okay, maybe someone did listen at AS/Marineland.
Kinda weird, but I have LOTS of buckets from over MANY years, maybe I am not paying attention, but I can't find any that are different in my collection of buckets...:confused:

...inclucing the newest ones I got from Jenn in Atlanta...

21 - 40 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.