The Reef Tank banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
19,379 Posts
Buzz_Hog said:
I get my IO for $35 at the LFS and they are the buckets with the free pump in them....
Heh, must be nice...

better buy it while yu can at that price. btw, Aquarium Systems has been purchaced by Marineland, and Tom Frakes is no longer with IO part of AS...

I am sure that has nothing to do with the proposed increase in salt prices...

· Premium Member
19,379 Posts
reefcam said:
Oh, and these were the better handled buckets...
:eek: :eek: :eek:

I don't doubt that all that was due to the handling from your shipper, as generally the heavier the item, the poorer the handling. If you have this shipped, better to have it freighted on a pallet where they don't have to move the individual items. Once it is on a pallet and shrink wrapped, it doesn't go through the individual dropping, sliding across the cement pad (and off the loading dock) nor potential conveyor belt disasters that individual heavy-salt-bucket handling goes through.

Heck, those look like they were dropped off the end of the dock... ... on purpose...

I had Earl and the guy at Jenn's shop (sorry, I don't recall tour name if you're reading this) load the back of the truck with the pallet I bought. Thanks guys! :D :D

yeah... I was working really hard at ID'ing some misc. newly shipped wrasses while the two of them were loading the back of the truck till the shocks bottomed out...

btw, HAPPY FATHER'S DAY FOLKS!!!

· Premium Member
19,379 Posts
reefcam said:
The ones I got was a flimsy ones. Okay, maybe someone did listen at AS/Marineland.
Kinda weird, but I have LOTS of buckets from over MANY years, maybe I am not paying attention, but I can't find any that are different in my collection of buckets...:confused:

...inclucing the newest ones I got from Jenn in Atlanta...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.