The Reef Tank banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,090 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning all ,
Dozed off in my comfy chair last nite, awoke at 1:30am,,, flipped a mental coin as to either stay in my chair or hit a legit pillow,.. pillow won. The one dawg that is not in our bed/bedroom floor decided that 3:30 ‘ish was time to wake ya up. Blyth read the riot act to him, and it seemed to work,,, for a bit . Max decided to climb over me and get all up in my face , ala his normal morning routine . Was able to get him to crash for a lil bit then Higgins the lone fella in the kitchen chose to restart his timed barking deal. So,,, got upright at 4 am, let all the canines out and put em in the bed/bedroom while I then grabbed my coffee mug and headed out to the shop to “wake up” . For some reason I’m not tired from getting way less than normal hours o sleep,,,

Easter is at my sister’s this afternoon,;, my pizza place owner now restaurant equipment buyer/seller, diving buddy also has his Easter get together at his compound ,with the tradition of his famous ( to myself and his family and old customers) pizza and Italian beef sammiches ( having a scaled down restaurant kitchen inbetween his home and warehouse) complete with a loft containing some 15 pinball machines etc.
Thing is , both start about the same time ,,,
Will prob swing by his place after Sis’s,, more to just visit with him, his BIL ( high school best bud and his daughters/my goddaughters) ....

yesterday was a great outside type day, got a lot of things done.. plans/hopes are to continue before and after my Easter visits.

Hope everyone has a great Easter Sunday!

Reactions: cath

·
Shark..but a friendly one
15,381 Posts
.........Pulled off just in the nick of time! Top of the morning Jeff, and a VERY HAPPY EASTER SUNDAY TO ALL! Ooooo on the extra early start. Dogs can be opinionated as all git out. Oliver Tyberious McGruff our little 'Snoodle', ("Jen hates that when I call Him a 'snoodle'......She's an 'official breed' snob."), decided He'd enjoy going out about 4:00 this fine morning, BUT I was able to nod back off till my usual 5'ish internal alarm got me up.

Sounds like really cool options Jeff for your day......FAMILY n FRIENDS!

Got my 1st two mugs of loe in me, and am looking around for just the right spots for egg hiding. Gotta recall I've lived in this house for, ummmmm, 50 years, and the 'same rules' have always applied. So there's not much that hasn't been 'seen that/done that' to be had. Got to really put thought into it now a days. RULES.....have to be able to 'see it'. AMAZING how THAT rule can be stretched paper thin. Mom once took a gold wheel off of a cabinet and wrapped an egg in gold foil.

We'll be dining around 3:30 today, so gotta get to things.........HAPPY EASTER Y'All,
Hack

·
I've got the REEF rash!
61,658 Posts
Happy Easter Everyone! Yes the dog people are always up! Had a hard time getting to go to sleep when the wife says guess who’s coming? And then say the Easter Bunny. So they go right in to search mode! I said not yet tomorrow. So today hide the eggs for them to find since they have great noses Hack we can hide them out of sight. Jeff have a great time and get the high score on some of those machines! Still scary in NJ so just the wife and two dogs and a bearded dragon but a special breakfast and dinner is on the menu. Hope everyone’s doing good Happy Easter to all of you!

·
15,381 Posts
HAPPY EASTER to you and Chris George!

Good n 'smart' to play it safe Pal.....NJ is scary!
Always a pleasure hearing from Y'All.......ENJOY!
Hack

·
15,381 Posts
Ham Croquet's, potato salad, cole slaw 'Southern style', mashed potatoes, pickles n olives, and dinner rolls......with a Coconut cake, and a Chocolate Pecan pie for desert......3:30'sh.

Making 80 of them, and there'll just be 5 of Us......the 'Sam's' are both off today, so blessed having all Our Children with Us this Easter. OH YEAH, Everyone is a huge Ham croquet fan.....,.,.need plenty to take home n have latter. Can never make too many.

Eggs hidden, Easter basket's out, and sipping into my 3rd mug of WAKE UP juice. Where's our 'Egg hunters'?
Hack

·
Super Moderator
26,860 Posts
Happy Easter, Jeff, Hack, George, and all of TRT!

I’ve frittered away my morning, so now I have to hurry!😱 I have to be ready to sing at 9:00. I’ll respond more later.

Lots of love and hugs and peace to everyone!

·
15,381 Posts
HAPPY EASTER CATH......Now go git em!
Hack

·
15,381 Posts
Now Perry, see, it's contagious! Where's Steve now? Well going back to Wednesday, he did say a 'horse show weekend.....and busy busy' but still, PRIORITIZE people! Don't folks realize we're nosy? :ROFLMAO:
Hack

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Good Morning Viet N. Oops. Mornin’ TRT.

Happy Easter to those who celebrate the holiday. And to the others, Happy Sunday.

Deb is working today so it’s just me and the dogs.

Last few days have been go, go, go, go from alarm to pass out in bed. Show weekends are always that way.

But it was a good show.

We earned 7 Top 5s between our two horses.

My wife’s horse pulled 2 Region II Sport Horse In Hand, Championships. My boy pulled a Championship in Western Dressage with our trainer and a Reserve Championship in Western Dressage with Deb at the reins. He also pulled a 1st in the “pre-show”.

Debbie on her mare. “Kat”

Debbie on my boy riding to a Reserve Championship in Western Dressage.

And 2 out of 3 of my blonds having some bonding time. All we need in that pic is Angel to make the trifecta.

And on top of all that the printer is here. It appeared here in a bunch of small boxes and poof it turned into this. Ok, 8 hours of effort during trips from barn to house to let Angel play and it’s morphed into this. I’ll finish up the wiring and start on calibration today.

Be careful on the roads today. N’Joy the holiday

·
15,381 Posts
Well now there we go......Hi Steve, and YES......HAPPY EASTER! And a huge CONGRATULATIONS all the way around for you and the Mrs.! WOW!!!!!
Hack

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
Thanks Hack. The “In Hand” wins are special but not a surprise for us. Deb’s mare is National Champion and Reserve National Champion in the same discipline.

The wins in Western Dressage are special. Our trainer is a Gold Medal/Gran Prix Dressage rider with aspirations toward the Olympics., and has just recently started showing Western Dressage. This was my wife’s 2nd or 3rd show in any kind of Dressage and my boy, Skippy, has only done Dressage 2 times.

·
Administrator
46,687 Posts
Good Morning Everyone, wheres Perry. Good to see you George, hope you all are staying safe.
Steve it looks like a very fun and productive show :)
Back to work for me, its 40ish and heading to low 70s later

·
15,381 Posts
SORRY Pal for having to get the week started already.....but HAPPY EASTER! Hope there's Easter dinner plans in your future.
Hack

·
I've got the REEF rash!
61,658 Posts
Hi Cath,Doug and Steve. Good luck singing Cath! Thanks Doug Hope your doing fine yourself. Nice to meet you Steve and congrats My sister was heavy into horses ,started young then got on the equestrian team and also was a Hotwalker at Monmouth race track. The horse competitions are a lot my AKC and UKC I done with my dogs,so I know those busy weekends. We have put it on the back burner for now because of the Covid might still work on Gunthers Grand Championship if this ever ends. Anyway had a big breakfast here and got to work on the big meal later! Hope everyone stays safe and enjoy the holiday (if you celebrate) or just enjoy life. Take Care All! Sad to see so few post. Also miss Dick and his pictures,I think of him a lot. TTFN!

·
15,381 Posts
We're getting some fresh blood around here recently with Sco....ooooops, STEVE, and Shamas. Fitting right in like 'old Friends'. But YES, there's those we'll forever miss....a wee bit of throat clearing here, George. 😁
Hack

·
Premium Member
208 Posts
George. Yup, too many similarities for my taste. Not a big fan of subjective judging. I did a couple of AKC shows with my first Akita, and was seriously disillusioned. Our National Champion mare will show to top of some judges cards and bottom of others. Sometimes in the same ring when there’s more than one judge. How does that happen, I have no clue. There its just so arbitrary it drives me batty. But my wife loves the horse shows, so I support her best I can.

·
Super Moderator
26,860 Posts
Good afternoon everyone! Steve gets the award for being the busiest this weekend, with awards to prove it! WOW Steve and Deb! Fine looking horses you have.

Everyone have a great dinner today,Easter or otherwise.

Gotta go for now. Bobbi is coming over to help with chores and such.

More later.

·
Administrator
46,687 Posts
Afternoon all, Glad to see so many popping in, I sorta know how AKC works in 70s I had an Airdale B that wa from AKC bloodline,, Horses I only know from my days on the dairy and taking herds of cows up to higher pastures. I can ride OK( or could) but never was a top hand roper so I spent a lot of time as camp cook, Wish I hade pics of the old chuck wagon, It was full serve i still dont know modified to haul behind a truck. 20x20 cover, a 4 burner wood stove oven, it was awesome. Why I quit to get married

·
Super Moderator
26,860 Posts
Good evening, everyone!

It’s hard to know where to start with comments.

Jeff - I forget which one is Higgins - That name sounds like it should be attached to a terrier of some sort, but he’s prolly a doxie. You could describe him or post a photo.
And how were your two rounds of visiting today?

George - it is sooooo good to see you here!

By all means you and Chris continue to be safe since it is a hotbed of Covid where you live.
I know you are anxious about getting Gunther back in competition.

Steve - Well done on your work with the 3D printer!

Hack- Who won the most with your Easter happenings today?

Doug - Tell us more about your Airdale B.....name,etc. Any photos?

One our youth directors at church has a small service dog. I think she is a border collie mix. Our service was outside and she walked up to me to check out my shoes. I must have passed the test.

Everyone have a groovy evening.

·
15,381 Posts
Lots of activity indeed! We're all feet up, moaning in agony/exhaustion from eating too much. It started out innocently enough......a nice quiet chess game......THEN the 'Sams' brought over the Chocolate Vodka Martinis. Then the 2nd game table got going with cards. A 'round robin' event with increasing giggling and oooooop'es. Even had a delightful cold Scotch myself as I was cooking.
20210404_150853_resized.jpg
20210404_161709_resized.jpg
It was a home full of laughter, and great food......measured by how quick we started finding comfy chairs after dinner.

Hope Y'All had as many memories formed.
Hack

1 - 20 of 21 Posts