The Reef Tank banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Administrator
48,689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The staff are pleased to announce Don (Cyberchef) as the Aug MOM. Don is a long time TRT member, always helpful, willing to share his experience and try new designs, and ain't afraid to jump in with the big Dawgs on the Think Tank Forum :D
Congratulations Don :) :beer: :dance: :beer:

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Congratulations Don! An honor well deserved!! Not sure what vehicle is in order for you! I heard the Yugo was up on blocks!!:(

Enjoy your reign as top dog in the hot seat!!:D

·
Super Moderator
22,646 Posts
CONGRATS DON!
you DO know Mods get frag plugs as a thank you ,,,right? :D :funny:

·
Crazed Fish Whisperer
2,611 Posts
Wahoo! Congrats Cyberchef! I think in celebration, you should whip us up something tasty to eat! :)

·
Super Moderator
22,646 Posts
cyberchef said:
Jeff all you have to do is stop by and I'll be more than happy to give you a few samples.. :)
I wish it was that ez, Don,,,,, but the trip the end of Aug, to the Keys fer divin' fun and frolic ,, won't allow the time to spend with all the TRT'ers on the way down
:( :( :( :(
I WILL get some via PayPal soon,,,,,:)

·
TRT Staff The Mominator
10,503 Posts
Congratulations, Don :) Always glad to see you involved here on the board and I know you're active with ARC, too.

I don't know if the Yugo would make a very good spare; it doesn't handle road debris well. Wads of chewing gum and such tend to slow it waaay down! ;)

·
Super Moderator
28,194 Posts
Wooo Hooooo, Don!!! Very well deserved. Thanks for all the good tank and culinary advice.

And I quite agree that it's great to have yet another from the Lower South in the MoM's group!

Junkzoo said:

you DO know Mods get frag plugs as a thank you ,,,right? :D :funny:
Umm...isn't that supposed to be that he gives the previous MoM's frag plugs?

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
Jeremy1973 said:
Wahoo! Congrats Cyberchef! I think in celebration, you should whip us up something tasty to eat! :)
Ok, here's a recipe for a South Western Chipotle Afredo sauce with Sun Dried Tomato and Lobster or Crab.

Finely diced shallots, a little white wine or water, Chipotle peppers finely diced and deseeded, Julienne sun dried tomatoes, fresh cilantro or fresh oregano, Heavy cream, Parmesan or aged Monterey jack cheese (this is a hard dry grating cheese) and salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste. Crab meat or fresh Maine Lobster.

Sweat the shallots with the wine (or water) until they are soft and
translucent and the liquid has basically evaporated. Add your heavy cream, cilantro/oregano, sun dried tomatoes, Chipotle peppers and a pinch or 2 of the black pepper. Bring this to a boil, reduce the heat to a simmer and let simmer for 5 minutes just to reduce slightly. Add your grated cheese and stir until cheese is melted. Check seasoning and add salt and more black pepper if necessary. Serve over fettuccini or small penne. A good chardonnay or even a fume blanc should go nicely with this.

If using crab add it at the end only to heat it up, toss it with the pasta.

If Lobster I would blanch them in boiling water for 8 minutes and then cool them in ice water, break them down (remove the meat from the shells) and then grill them to heat them back up and slice the meat and place on top of the pasta or toss with the pasta and sauce.

I personally prefer the smaller penne for dishes such as these, but fettuccini will work.

G

·
whats blanch me in english......
omg your a chef......well that explains the name....so your a sex chef.....at least thats my translation.......
BEST MOTM YET!

·
Registered
3,186 Posts
mnreefman said:
whats blanch me in english......
omg your a chef......well that explains the name....
It means to cook in boiling water till just done or even slightly underdone. Then you shock it in ice water to stop the cooking proccess.

so your a sex chef.....at least thats my translation.......
BEST MOTM YET!
Not exactly sure what you meann by this, but you better ask my wife for answer to this.. :banana: :nuts:

·
Super Moderator
22,646 Posts
Don, consider the source,,,,:rolleyes: :p

·
Registered
662 Posts
Don,
Congratulations...well deserved...your willingness to help the necomers to the hobby and the group is unsurpassed. I certainly thank you for your help to Drew and I during the past 1 1/2 years we been in this thing......

and top of that ...... an awesome collection of macro algae...

bob

G

·
cyberchef said:
Not exactly sure what you meann by this, but you better ask my wife for answer to this.. :banana: :nuts: [/B]
cyber.............

and jeff you couldnt be more right.....consider the source

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.