The Reef Tank banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Moving on....what would people like to see as a presentation for the meeting? Any ideas? We have already hit fragging, blender mush, lighting, CA reactors, diving at the keys....etc, etc. Anyone have any other ideas? Plumbing perhaps?....advantages of RR over no sump....live rock.....fish selection...coral selection....fish diseases....anyone?

·
Registered
422 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Aug presentation

Any program that is ready is fine. But I might suggest that Charles gives a introduction to Nano-reef setup while Jenn shows off her seahorse tank. The Small & Specialty tanks.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Not a bad idea if Charles/Jenn could be ready in time...

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I have built my nano tank as an easily moveable setup. Only takes an hour or so to break down and less time to set back up and all corals will be back out in no time and water will be cleared back up in approx an hour after setup. So I could bring it to a meeting. Get there really early for setup and the tank would be looking good for the meeting.

I was thinking I would bring it to a meeting that is at a location where there are no tanks. My original though was Nov. at Eden Gardens for election night. I would also do a quick presentation on the Nano setup.

This idea could be done any month --- It's always ready to move at a moments notice. Maybe we should find something else for Aug at Jenn's and save this idea for a no tank month.

Of course we can always use this if all else fails.

Maybe Jenn could give us a seahorse presentation in Aug. We do have a few members who have them little horsies and others have expressed an interest.

·
Little fish in a big pond
5,916 Posts
My seahorse tank is currently occupied by horses that I'm babysitting and it's not really conducive to a "demo".

I've contacted Don from Kent to see if he or a rep can attend and discuss the Kent line of products. Good time to talk about Kalkwasser, iodine etc....

I'll keep you posted on what I hear.

Jenn

1 - 6 of 6 Posts