The Reef Tank banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BOD meeting, 12 Aug 2003

Discussion of the Calfo event referred back to Bournemann. We could expect 20-120 persons. We have ample raffle items which will be rounded up and organized. Some are with Geena. Calfo's books will be at a discount and he should be willing to do a signing. Andy Daiss is to coordinate air and hotel reservations. Calfo arrives Saturday morning and will be available for only a limited time. He does expect a tour of tanks. Curtis Wright, Andy, Sally?

Costs for non-members could be $10 one time or $25 for joining thru 2004 year. Paypal is to be available. Nelson Colon will be asked to create posters & flyers for LFS distribution. CafePress items will be on display but ordering to take place on-line.

Finances for the evening look like:
$100 to church for the room
$250 honorarium for the speaker
$250 air fare
$100 hotel
last year we returned maybe $100 on drinks and food

Andy plans to ask Kent if they would sponsor some of this cost or contribute products to raffle. Marineland also has an approved speaker list we might take advantage of in the future. There was a proposal to create an Event Coordinator next year.

Rick Ogletree has the bank statements delivered to his house and is getting ARC checks. He has single signature authority at the bank. Jenn presented $94.56 for reinbursement. Jenn will e-mail the IRS budget to Rick so we can formally create an ARC financial statement.

The Fish Store & More has been approached about becoming a commercial member as opposed to sponsor. The Reef Tank posting of their policy manual is regrettable but has brought Troy on-line which will be beneficial. They have sponsored book authors recently and there is the hope we will co-op in the future.

It was proposed to reserve the LFS sponsor's actual name as a TRT alias to avoid confusion.
Also we asked for sponsors to provide 72 pixel banner ads for our webpage. Ron Gladstone [darkfrog] had offered to make contact with other sponsors but this has not occured. Rob Sweet has asked to change our web server provider in order to more effectively maintain the site. Specifically the PayPal account is awkward now. This was postponed in order to assure the cost was equivalent to current costs.

AquaticCo has asked to change their membership to sponsor so that Doug can have the benefit of banner website ads. This was no problem for the BOD.

The Newnan school donation was to be revisited by Bob Lemke to see if they could use one of the Kent skimmers or if Rob could woodwork a stand for them. It seems we prefer not to send cash.

Adjourned.

Afterwards I visited the Fernbank website and found they do rent the lecture hall we visited but the cost was $1000. This will be too much for the Calfo event unless Maria can work something out with Heather. Therfore it is likely we will host Calfo at Lawrenceville Church.

·
Little fish in a big pond
5,916 Posts

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DVDs

Sam, if Jenn can locate the Bournemann tape, would you still want to try making copies?

If we can get copies made by October, does the BOD feel it would be Kosher to distribute them at Calfo? I say yes if we videotape in October as well.

·
5,916 Posts
I'll try to remember to look tonight when I go home.

Jenn

·
5,916 Posts
OK I rememberd to look and I found the Borneman tape....

I've got it - just let me know who is going to copy it (Sam?)

We also have a Dana Riddle tape (Bob?)

Jenn

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Addendum

:rolleyes: I apologize to all of you, I just found the last page of my notes from the August BOD meeting.

Rob would like to move the website to another more flexible host for the same annual cost. The current contract does not allow PayPal to work effectively nor does it allow Rob shell access behind the web page. Rob is seeking a way to process incoming e-mails and tie into the membership database. Decision pending confirmation of cost.

CafePress requires $250 in mechandise and then returns a 7% profit, usually a $3-$5 markup on shirts. Everything from thong underwear to bar-b-que aprons.

The next BOD meeting will need to be at a different time for Charles to attend. All agreed to a steakhouse dinner meeting possibly near Perimeter Mall.

Jenn will send the IRS budget to Rick to prepare an annual account.

Jenn proposed a 50% raffle for the Newnan school, 50% winner reward during the Calfo event.

A photo calender of members tanks such as Rick, Curtis, Andy was proposed by Bob Lemke.

Adjourned at 10:45pm

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Re: Addendum

wildemon said:

CafePress requires $250 in mechandise and then returns a 7% profit, usually a $3-$5 markup on shirts. Everything from thong underwear to bar-b-que aprons.
What are you talking about ????????

I have been all over CafePress for hours on end. Not only for ARC stuff but for a different venture of my own. I have never seen anything like that on the CafePress Website --- EVER ......

On the free store (which is what we currently have) you make a markup which I decided what that was upon loading up the individual products. There are no minimums and the markup is strickly what I had put in there and can be changed at any time to reflect more or less profit per item. Biggest drawback to the free store is we can only offer one of any particular item. (one style Golf Shirt or one style Large Mug ect....)

They do offer a premium store which costs $6.95 per month or $59.95 per year which is roughly $4.99 per month. That is the only extra fees associated with the premium shop. We still set our own profit margin on all items. The advantage to the premium shop is that we can offer an unlimited number of each item. (Two or more different style Golf Shirts ect...) It also allows a little more customizatioin of your web page.

So I ask again --- where did this "CafePress requires $250 in merchandise" come from ???

Please supply a link to the exact website page for future scrutinization --- whoever said it at the BOD meeting must have read it so please supply the link.

·
Registered
921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bod notes

Sorry, I do not recall specifically, but just ignore the statement. These notes are not stored or published like ARC minutes, so everyone that read this last page will immediately see your correction on this error. I admit ignorance on any CafePress policy.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
CafePress and $250 .....

Hi Charles!

The CafePress pricing mis-information came from me. :eek: What I meant to say in the BOD meeting is that once over $250 of ARC merchandise is sold the club makes additional profits.

Please see CafePress pricing info for more info about this.

I understand Charles that there are 2 ways that the club can profit from CafePress. First, there is the markup (profit) between the sales price less CafePress' standard charge to the the club for making, marketing handling the product. The 2nd way is when the Aggregate ARC Sales top $250 in base price sales (CafePress' standard product charge), the club gets a graduated bonus percentage (see website above for more info), thus increasing the club's profits.

Sorry, if I confused anyone. :(

Bob

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
William you had me scared there for a moment. --- didn't mean to freak out but I had never seen any mention of $250

Bob --- WOW --- after everywhere I have been on CafePress I have never seen that before tonight. (but I had never been to Help Desk) Anyway good deal --- that is a bonus and we should hit that bonus level before too long. Either way we still make our markup which at some point in time we as a group can review --- I figured for now what I had put in there would suffice.

Have you gotten your stuff yet ???

Let me know.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Actually, I have been posting the BoD minutes. William, would you mind revising the notes with the proper info and sending them over to me to post?

Thanks! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts