The Reef Tank banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
Can a mod. move this to the Rochester club area? I think that Kenny put this in the wrong area... not knowing.

·
Registered
110 Posts
meeting

Could you please have the meeting either 8/21, 23, 24, 29, 30, or 9/1. I would love to come but am on call and leave for a huge 2 week trip on 9/2.

·
Clown Fish!
395 Posts
oyam123 said:
late Aug is looking better.
can we do a pool order also?
I plan to order fromhttp://sealifeflorida.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=21
David have you ordered from this place before? They have some nice stuff but the problem I have experienced from the Florida stuff is that the water in Flordia is cooler then most of our tanks (78 degrees max) and sometimes they have problems in warmer tanks. Just curious, I am interested in some Ricordia from them.

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
they hand catch out of the keys.......I got some fish and crab and a shrimp my wrasse killed. they are in my QT and are eating well. smeese got a ric, ask him.
the 2 queen angels he got are very nice and only $35 so are the french angels and $20 for the rock beautys.
I am holding out for a parrotfish and was trying for a trigger, but he said the queen triggers are gone from the keys.:cry:

·
Clown Fish!
395 Posts
Well that is sad, hate hearing about species no longer in a specific location. I went diving in the keys last year and it is a nice dive, wish I had more time to dive more places. I did run into a Barracuda that was about 3 feet long, scared the crap out of me (because I did not expect it to be there and they are a little intimidating when they are right next to you). I have to say there is no way I can afford it but I want to live in the keys bad and have a nice little aquaculture business.

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
CUBA! thats the place to go. Now that they hit oil, and Castro is ill; Bush and the Boys will be on the way soon.

·
Clown Fish!
395 Posts
I have actually thought about doing a trip via Canada, I have heard the dives are awesome, and I love Cuban food!

·
Registered
4,889 Posts
Ill make some Picadillo and Arros con Pollo with Tostones Y Maduros for the meeting....you bring the Rum and fresh mint for the Mojitos;)
We can do readings from "The Old Man and the Sea":rotflmao:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts