The Reef Tank banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I live in San Diego, Ca., but I was born & raised in Detroit. I am currently employed as a machinist but had a recent back surgery that will keep me out for about a month & a half.

I am seriously thinking about pulling out of San diego and relocating to Detroit after I recover. It seems to me that I would be better off in my home turf where the cost of living is much lower than it is here.

I just cant seem to get ahead living here due to the governor screwing up the economy, & I have had it with calif., where everything except my wages are going up, & the mexican border is causing lots of problems with illegals and gangs, etc.....

I never remembered hoards of canadians crossing the detroit river to come to America.

Heres a few questions:
1: What is the job market like there now? Can a machinist find work there?

2: How hard is it to register an out of state vehicle?

3: How hard is it to find a decent place to live?

I haven't been there since 1979, so any info you give me would really help.

Thanks, Ron

·
Registered
371 Posts
Ron, sorry you feel that way about CA. I do understand, I can't wait to have that MF'n SOB of a gov booted from office. Cmon, 50 billion swing in fortune in 18 mos?????????

And yet, there are still those here that think he, like our past president, are gods gift to the people. HA>

Any way, I hope for the best for yyou.

Lee:beer:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.