The Reef Tank banner

--ATTENTION--Effective dragonet training

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  The_Watchman_GOBY 
#1 ·
About 3 months ago I ordered a green mandarin dragonet from saltwaterfish.com he came in fat and healthy thanks to swf.com :dance:
I trained him in a period of only 1 week :nuts: now he is fat and happy in my jbj 28 reef.
In this thread I will guide you how I trained mine I am aware that there are more effective ways but this is how I did it:

1) cut a small hole in a smaller sized Tupperware container lid just large enough so your dragonet can get through and put near a swirling/ medium current area

2) daily put in a pinch of frozen mysis shrimp into the container(your dragonet will be interested in the motion of the food and go into the Tupperware)

3) when he begins trying out the shrimp move him into a fish container (the ones they use at lfs) with small holes drilled in the sides put some shimp in and wait for the process over again

4) when he begins readily taking the shrimp release and he should begin readily accepting shrimp in the aquarium (if he doesn't put him back in the container and repeat)

5) your dragonet is now trained and shall enjoy a fat and active life style :dance::arg::nuts::agree:

Special thanks to swf.com

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.